At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
ABOUT THE TEAM
HomeAdvisor is looking for a Sr. Data Analyst to join the People Operations team. This is a new role and will be part of the efforts to create a vision, strategy and long-term plan for how we think about and operationalize workforce analytics and People Operations more broadly. This role will provide analyses and recommendations to a wide variety of stakeholders with the goal of driving business growth and revenue. You must have experience solving complex business problems and delivering solutions with real impact. You will develop analytics that are usable, actionable and valuable for today and into the future as needs evolve and mature.
You should be passionate about developing insights and providing information that enables dynamic decision-making using cutting edge technology and data visualization techniques. You should have excellent business acumen and communication skills, and be able to work with business leaders to develop and define key business questions, then work backwards to deliver meaningful insights that answer those questions. Your deep analytic skills, strong business judgement, and focus on our core operational inputs will make you a critical partner to sales and sales operations leaders as you help them identify gaps in people processes and performance, and remove barriers to execution.
What you'll do:
- Focus on key metrics that are the most impactful to the business, gather & analyze HR data to gain actionable insights and lead data-driven decision making.
- You will build, implement and maintain the technology infrastructure needed to help your team answer key business questions and further prioritize the company's work to deliver strategic value at the right time and cost.
- Move rapidly from providing standard reports to providing analytics to drive insights and interventions.
- Own key executive reporting and partner with the business.
You'll be successful if you:
- Take Initiative
- Make Data-Driven Decisions
- Are a Problem Solver
- Have Strong Computer Proficiency
- Communicate Clearly and Often
- Have Impeccable Organizational Skills
- Build Strong Relationships
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree, 3-5+ years of relevant work experience in analytics, consulting, or related field; advanced degree a plus.
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting.
- Experience manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large, disjointed data sets and transforming it into meaningful insights.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques.
- Expert SQL skills with demonstrated ability to write efficient, complex queries; advanced Excel skills.
- Experience implementing integrated systems and tools for the business.
- Effective at communicating with non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor but enjoys mentoring junior analysts and guiding them to solutions.
- Familiarity with Looker, Snowflake, or other similar data warehousing and business intelligence platforms.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $75,000-$110,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!