HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven SEO S trategist to support the Content and Editorial team's ambitious growth goals. In this role, you'll work closely with the Senior Director of Content and Editorial, as well as other key members of the SEO & Growt h team to help drive site growth and repeat visits . HomeAdvisor is expanding our SEO investment and this role will be responsible fo r owning four key areas critical to the team's success. First, audit current data, tool use and analysis process and implement improvements accordingly. Second, architect and implement a strategic analysis function to identify and q uantify valuable opportunities. Third, provide technical and strategic SEO consulting to maximize program impacts. Lastly, leverage a robust mix of data analysis and strategic SEO skills to provide program specific enhanc ements.
HomeAdvisor is a dual-sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions that will reshape the home services marketplace.
What Y ou'll Do:
- Audit the team's current data sources, tools, and platforms; recommend and configure optimizations to scale performance .
- Own the configuration, maintenance, and platform updates to monitor performance metrics including rankings, content & backlink acquisition efficacy, SERP visibility, site health, and page speed performance .
- Design and implement a strategic analysis function to identify opportunities and translate them into actionable recommendations around personas, user intent, E-A-T signals , engineering stories, and A/B experiments .
- Undertake regular analyses to identify actionable opportunities including keyword and content gaps, striking distance queries, seasonal and emerging trends, and more.
- Provide regular and robust competitor analysis including establishing baselines, monitoring movements, and translating these into strategies for leadership to o utrank the competition.
- Provide strategic SEO support for major initiatives including CMS re-platforming, content corpus migration , and product experience improvemen ts .
- Own Editorial & Content's technical SEO function including conducting regular SEO audits, log file analysis, site crawls and translating findings into business cases and engineering tickets.
- Develop strategic opportunity assets such as keyword demand matrices or topic opportunity reports to inform content prioritization and editorial calendars.
- Undertake regular content audits and provide specific recommendations for managing the library at scale including content to be created, expanded, split, combined, redirect ed or pruned.
- Work with leadership and business intelligence to automate the reporting and analysis processes.
Qualities we're searching for:
- Passionate & curious problem solver: someone who is genuinely curious about how and why people search, extremely knowledgeable about SEO best practices and trends, and relishes in the analytical and technical depths of the industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented: but can also see the forest from the trees, balancing the intricacies of SEO with the larger company objectives.
- Quantitative and pragmatic: you have a data-driven approach to making decisions.
- Analytical, tactical & strategic: experience building a strategic and tactical plan based on analyzing lots of data.
- High ownership: autonomous and takes pride in your work, has a sense of urgency, and perseveres through difficulty to deliver high-quality results.
- High initiative: An ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Excellent communicator: ability to clearly communicate and evangelize SEO across all levels, particularly through data.
- Results-driven: Focused on achieving results, setting ambitious goals, and able to prioritize appropriately by understanding the balance of value.
- Innovative: constantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel the business.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: works collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience (preferred in quantitative field such as economics, mathematics, statistics, or computer science/engineering)
- Demonstrable track record of success at driving significant results & business growth.
- 5+ years of in-house SEO experience with an enterprise-level site ( i.e. hundreds of thousands or millions of pages)
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Experience with Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst strongly desired
- Previous experience working with large content libraries and editorial teams.
- Statistical background a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $80,000-$125,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs.
- Flexible vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it.
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!