Angie's List is seeking an experienced, results-driven Product Manager to join the organization and own a critical component of the company's product strategy. This person will have the opportunity to continue to advance the digital products and services available to service professionals with the Angie's List network, with a specific focus on building best-in-class mobile experiences. A successful candidate has an owner's mindset and is laser-focused on building extraordinary experiences that enrich a service professional's overall relationship with Angie's List. Indianapolis, IN is the preferred location for this position.
For over two decades, Angie's List has provided trusted reviews and information to help millions of homeowners make smart hiring decisions for their home improvement, maintenance and repair projects. Angie's List also helps service professionals grow their business by providing individualized advertising packages, providing a platform for previous customers to review completed projects and connecting them with homeowners browsing for their next project.
- Deeply curious: you operate with a sense of urgency and always look for new ways to understand our customers and create value on their behalf
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A' game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don't accept "because that is the way we've always done it."
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L's. You never say "that is not my job."
What you'll do:
- Deeply understand our users (both consumers and service professionals), their problems, where they find value, and where we have opportunities to improve
- Build amazing products that our Pros can't live without
- Think beyond the bounds of the digital product to figure out how we can deliver value
- Define product and business goals and the strategy and roadmap to deliver them
- Launch new products and features with a detailed and thoughtful testing approach
- Ruthlessly prioritize the most important things
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and analytics teams to make swift and smart decisions, move fast, and deliver for customers and pros
- Constantly work to discover new customer problems and new opportunities
Skills and Experience needed for success:
- 3+ years of professional experience, 2+ years of product experience including leadership of an engineering team
- A track record of solving hard problems and bringing new products to market
- Deep experience A/B testing at scale
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health and to make hard prioritization decisions
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- Excellent communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely, including with leadership, and can tailor your message to your audience
- Graduate degree preferred
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world