At HomeAdvisor, we create digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
What you'll do:
HomeAdvisor wants a Java Developer with demonstrably strong internet-focused Java development experience to join our team of dedicated, passionate software engineers. Every application you work on will directly impact how our homeowners and service professionals connect and communicate. You'll deliver some of our most innovative and cutting-edge technology solutions to date.
As our team grows, we're looking for someone who loves to code and can work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, marketing, software test and other partners to determine the best solution (not just the easiest solution) to our business problems.
- A smart, results-oriented individual with a mix of passion for coding, who also has the soft skills of building relationships.
- A passion for developing good products.
- A good communicator able to collaborate with other team members.
- An economical mind with an intuition for understanding scope versus value and placing emphasis on the 80/20 rule.
- An empathetic person who mindfully intends to make it easier for the producers and consumers of their work to effectively do their jobs.
- Someone not afraid to make mistakes, and willing to take ownership and learn from their mistakes. Someone who is not afraid to ask for help when they don't know the answer.
- Contribute as part of a scrum team dedicated to building a quality product
- Good understanding of OO programming
- Implement and maintain java applications
- Analyze product requirements and translate into Java code
- Debug and resolve technical issues
- A TDD driven mindset
- Work cross functionally to build applications
If you can demonstrate your skills in these areas, then we should chat:
- 5+ years of strong Java language fundamentals particularly Java 8 and newer
- 5+ years of Enterprise application experience using Spring, Spring Boot, XML, JSON
- 5 years of Relational Database experience such as Oracle, MySQL
- 5 years of experience with RESTful web services and microservice architecture
- 5+ years of experience and strong belief in using unit testing as part of development and using framework such as Junit, Spock
- Experience with version control system tools such as GIT and build management tools such as Jenkins
- Experience with Kafka
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Understanding of SOA and OOP concepts
- Understanding of CI/CD processes
- Understanding of problems and able to provide innovative solutions
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!