At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
About the role
As a Financial Analyst y ou will play a critical role in the monthly forecasting and annual planning of financials and critical business metrics . This role will focus on HomeAdvisor's operating expense forecasting , operational reporting and operating performance analysis. This role will provide an excellent foundation to learn about HomeAdvisor and the FP&A function. You'll also have the chance to join a highly-motivated team of collaborators, problem solvers, and Excel gurus t hat work hard but take time to recogni z e wins and have fun along the way.
What you'll do:
- Working closely with business owners (including marketing, operations, sales and corporate support) and FP&A team members to:
- B uild annual budgets and monthly forecasts,
- A ssess and understand drivers of variances to forecast, and explain business trends
- Provid e accurate and timely operational reports and analysis to sr. leaders and business stakeholders to support and drive strategic decisions
- Assisting with the development , management , and improvement of financial models, forecasts , and budgets
- Partnering cross-functionally with accounting to understand the accounting treatment of various transactions and improve our forecast accuracy
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in F inance , Accounting, Business, Economics or related field
- 2 + years of professional experience in a financial/ accounting/ business analysis role
- Advanced Excel skills with strong critical thinking and analytical ability
- Superior attention to detail and problem-solving work ethic
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written) and ability to interact w ith individuals at all levels of the organization
- Experience working with i nformation from numerous sources and working with incomplete or partial data
- Intellectual curiosity and continuous improvement drive
- Ability to prioritize, and to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience with enterprise accounting systems ( NetSuite , Oracle Hyperion , etc.) and c orporate p erformance m anagement systems (Adaptive, Anaplan, Vena, etc.) a plus
- Experience with SQL, VBA or other programming languages a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $55,000-$75,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!