At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
Are you a product leader who wants to help define how customers find and discover services that make their homes a place that they will love? HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven Director of Product - Customer Journey. This person will own the discovery and shopping experience for our marketplace that drives nearly $1bn in revenue/yr. They will have the opportunity to lead a revolution in how customers think through the home improvement process - from ideation through execution. This person will be a tireless advocate for the customer and will be developing experiences that span multiple categories with varying user journeys.
You will be successful in this role if you are:
- Fiercely competitive: you operate with a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we can improve the lives of our customers and our pros. You aren't easily knocked down
- A team builder: you are excited by the chance to build a diverse, well-rounded team of high performing product managers and have a track record of doing so
- A data expert: you can analyze and understand large data sets and filter out the noise, distilling the complex to be simple. You can use this data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- An inventor: you can come in and define a program from scratch, build a plan, and drive
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A' game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don't accept "because that is the way we've always done it."
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+Ls
What you'll do:
- Own the customer journey for the HomeAdvisor marketplace - helping each customer find the information that they need to make a well-informed decision on how to improve their home.
- Set and drive ambitious goals and the vision and the roadmap to deliver on them
- Use all the levers at your disposal to drive step-function improvement in lifetime value of our customers
- Balance the needs of our customers with the needs of our pros, optimizing for a mix of satisfaction, retention, LTV, and revenue
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day
- Collaborate with leaders of data science, engineering and analytics teams to make smart decisions that deliver for customers and pros
Skills and Experience needed for success:
- 7+ years of product experience, including 3+ years leading high performing teams in fast-paced, digitally native organizations
- A track record of innovating on behalf of customers and developing ‘new to the world' products
- Ability to use both qualitative and quantitative data to influence key stakeholders and make compelling product decisions
- Experience using machine learning to drive product impact
- Deep experience testing at scale, including partnering with data science to build new products
- Ability to build a complex roadmap from scratch and evangelize a broad shift in mindset in partnership with senior leadership
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Familiarity and comfort with big data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health and build a roadmap
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely and can tailor your message to your audience
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $150,000 - $250,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!