At HomeAdvisor our Engineering organization is driven by innovation and teamwork. We are motivated by new challenges every day to solve unique problems while setting the standard for the home services marketplace. Our co-workers are our collaborators, our teammates and everyone has the opportunity to contribute and build.
As a DevOps Engineer and member of the DevOps team, you will help create infrastructure that allows a rapidly expanding company to streamline its development and deployment strategies. You will be responsible for helping to scale out our infrastructure by writing automation recipes which will help monitor systems, execute backups and automate day to day tasks.
We have an Agile (SCRUM) based team environment and release frequently. Your goal is to work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, operations and software testing to deliver HomeAdvisor software quickly and reliably to customers, both internal and external.
As a DevOps Engineer , you'll be responsible for:
- Support ing developer owned s oftware release s on a daily basis
- Work ing to create continuous delivery pipeline to automatically push code through the environments
- Deploy ing , debug ging and optimiz ing dev, test and production VM's consisting of Linux, Apache, Tomcat
- Work ing with the team to own and maintain the production infrastructure - patches, backups, upgrades, AMI's, and security
- Work ing to create tools to allow development teams to self-serve their platform needs
- Daily interaction with developers and participation in the development process
- Continuously iterat ing and improv ing our systems
- Creat ing documentation for supported systems and services
- Participat ing in on-call, and shar ing in off-hours maintenance work
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have 2+ years of experience in:
- Hands on experience with K8's and EKS clusters
- Software release experience
- A t least one virtual hosting environment (AWS/Google Cloud Platform/Azure/etc.)
- C ontinuous integration tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, etc.
- C ontainerization tools, such as Docker
- A utomation tool s (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Working in version control, especially with Git and Gitlab
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- W ork ing among multiple teams and communicat ing effectively to both technical and non-technical teammates
Bonus points if you have :
- History of professional growth, collaboration and excellent communication skills
- Experience in a fast-paced, demanding DevOps environment that requires collaboration
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position range s from $100,000-$140,000, commensurate with experience and performance . Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!