At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
What you'll do:
HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced Content Project Manager to join our Content & Editorial team. We're building best-in-class digital content for our users and looking highly organized individual to run point on our content processes . Our team of writers, editors, researchers and producers is growing - and we need you to keep us on task and accountable . This position will work out of one of our offices in Denver, New York, Chicago or Indianapolis, though remote work may be considered for the right candidate.
In this role, you will be the conductor in our content orchestra - guiding each team member to c ontribute their piece at the right time to create a harmonious workflow. You will be responsible for ensuring that all internal members of the Content & Editorial team, as well as external contributors, are keeping pace towards their weekly, monthly and quarterly content goals and submit ting deliverables on time .
As the primary point of contact for our in-house producers, contributing writers and third-party partners, you will track incoming invoices, triage billing or payment issues, and identify poor p erformers and make renew al / nonrenewal recommendations or provide feedback as needed .
You will work closely with Senior and Associate Editorial Directors to track budgets , content calendars , and project progress to make sure we meet team and company objectives.
You will partner with Content Editors on writer recruitment, performing initial outreach and portfolio review, and pass along your recommendations . Related to this effort , you will be responsible for maintaining onboarding documentation and best practices for contributors.
Additionally, your responsibilities will include:
- Track ing all editorial projects in dedicated Monday boards, nudg ing delinquent team members, keep ing on top of project pacing and content spend
- Helping create and maintain internal documentation covering content standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Managing writers, making sure they internalize feedback from Content Editors and meet dead lines.
- Sourc ing new writers; perform ing initial outreach and send ing qualified candidates to content Editors to vet further.
Qualities we are searching for:
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented: You thrive when tracking every to-do and timeline.
- Excellent communicator: You can communicate effectively in various forms and set clear, unambiguous expectations with team members.
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done, but you get the right things done first and are comfortable working at with a distributed team across multiple time zones .
- Strategic & analytical : You can translate broad objectives and long-lead projects into specific milestones.
- High initiative: You are an ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and is constantly thinking of ways to improve workflows
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
- 3+ years of experience managing digital media projects .
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, administration or related field.
- Experience with G oogle docs, Microsoft E xcel, and project management tools such as Monday .com.
- Familiarity with content management systems a plus .
- Able to work well under pressure and can juggle multiple projects and deadlines with eas e.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $ 45 ,000-$ 80 ,000 , commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!