For over two decades, Angie's List has provided trusted reviews and information to help millions of homeowners make smart hiring decisions fo their home improvement, maintenance and repair projects. Angie's List also helps service professionals grow their business by providing individualized advertising packages, providing a platform for previous customers to review completed projects and connecting them with homeowners browsing for their next project.
About The Role
This is a unique opportunity to work directly with leadership on some of the most impactful areas of our business. You will work cross-functionally across departments, be responsible for the strategy and execution of key projects, and get to know the inner-workings of a fast-growing organization in a way no other role allows. This is the perfect role for a hungry, analytical team-player who wants to develop as a leader of a technology company. You will devise strategy, build frameworks, structure solutions, and drive and measure results in the most critical areas of the business, while developing as a future leader of the organization. This includes:
- Leading a team of analysts - Support and conduct regular check-ins with team members. Promote skill development, efficiency, and chemistry within the team. Communicate and prioritize the needs of the organization effectively to team members.
- Structuring actionable solutions - Assemble, interpret, and present data in ways that provide solutions to problems. Effectively communicate data-driven solutions to stakeholders (this may involve working with internal teams like product or marketing).
- Partnering with finance - develop and maintain novel viewpoints related to the understanding of our network and associated monetization that tie to financial plans
- Tracking key metrics - Closely follow important business metrics on a regular basis and work with stakeholders to understand the trends and surface opportunities to improve key metrics with more in-depth analyses
- Creating analytics pipelines - Build, evolve, manage and support end-to-end analytics pipelines; as a rapidly growing tech organization you will likely be identifying metrics not yet tracked and need to develop the underlying tables to regularly report on them
- Supporting PnL owners - Help troubleshoot performance and achieve target performance metrics
What We're Looking For
- Analytical and ambitious people, with a desire to learn and grow rapidly
- 5-7 years of professional experience in an analytical field such as management consulting, finance or another tech company
- Strong technical skills, including proficiency in Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Great people manager who has led a team before
- MBA from a top business school (not a requirement so apply if you think you're a good fit even if you didn't go to b-school)
- Structured thinkers, with strong organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Creative problem solvers with the ability to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Willingness to get hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success
- Willingness to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; hack, test and learn mentality; team player
Compensation & Benefits:
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world