In your role as an OSS Specialist, you will be responsible for delivering Desk Side Support to IT users, specifically handling IT issues that require physical intervention. Your duties will extend to aiding incident resolution through collaboration with various support teams and groups within the IT department. You will play a critical role, serving as a representative of the IT organization, acting as the interface between the customer and other IT functions.
- Diagnoses and resolves IT-related issues effectively and efficiently.
- Ensures that computers are delivered in a 'ready-to-use' condition for IT users.
- Provides ad-hoc training to users on common IT issues and guides them through self-service tools.
- Manages the physical stock of devices and accessories, including updates in the Configuration Management Database (CMDB).
- Conducts regular inventory checks for relevant hardware.
- Coordinates logistics by utilizing local logistics providers to transport and relocate devices between locations.
- Handles warranty cases in collaboration with the appropriate Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) vendors.
- Identifies and report potential risks that could impact the quality of OSS services.
- Offers support to end users and ensure the functionality of IT equipment and software in meeting rooms and other user collaboration areas as part of desk-side support.
- Hosts and assist third-party technicians.
- Performs routine checks of computer rooms, including monitoring temperature, air conditioning, cabling, and general functionality.
- Adheres to prescribed OSS governance, which involves participating in meetings and following the escalation process, among other responsibilities.
- Follows OSS procedures as outlined in the Runbook, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and knowledge articles.
- Formal qualification in IT completed from an accredited university or college OR completed an apprenticeship in the field of IT.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical audiences in local language and English.
- Proactive and solution-oriented mind-set
- Demonstrates an ability to work independently and is self-driven
- Legal authorization to work in applied location is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the future for this role.