The User Safety team at Hinge is charged to protect and support the Hinge Community by escalating and managing urgent user incidents end to end, as well as maintaining, supporting, and optimizing safety compliance policies, protocols, and processes. The User Safety Specialist will be focused on customer response and remediation. You will be on the front lines working with and for the Hinge Community, ensuring they are supported and resourced in a timely and kind manner.
The User Safety Specialist is often the first and only point of contact to users seeking help from Hinge. The ideal candidate will write with clarity and detail and is naturally empathetic and driven to make online dating safer. This specialist should also be relatively tech savvy, as you’ll need to master a handful of internal tools and software. Lastly, you’re a creative problem solver who thrives in a collaborative work environment.
- Manage inbound user safety tickets and ensure SLAs are met
- Maintain our bad actor repository, escalating users from Hinge email queue and processing existing cases
- QA tickets to ensure alignment with safety standards
- Own user safety investigations and escalations end to end
- Advocate for, develop, and maintain user safety protocols and processes
- Manage all copy and communication for safety macros, triggers, and automations
- Act as point of contact and escalation for urgent user safety incidents
- Correspond, coordinate with, and support law enforcement, upper management, and Match Group Corporate during user safety incidents
- Contribute to deliverables & milestones on safety initiatives through ad hoc project management (i.e., Safety by Design, Safety Center)
- 1+ years of email customer support experience
- Comfort with complex and sensitive user facing issues relating to privacy and user safety
- Experience in creating or contributing to safety workflows or policy
- Social Media Management experience a plus
- Successfully leading or implementing a safety training, initiative, or project preferred
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.