As a Trust & Safety Specialist, you’ll work closely with the Content Moderator Manager to assist with accuracy checking the entire content moderation team and help coordinate moderator coverage. You’ll also have the opportunity to assist with data labelling projects and be involved in rolling out new safety initiatives. The ideal candidate exemplifies Hinge’s values (authentic, courageous, and empathetic), is an excellent written communicator, is flexible and willing to try new things, has the ability to balance business needs with team priorities, and has a strong understanding of our Community Principles.
- Spend ~20 hours a week reviewing content and removing users violating our Terms of Service from the app
- Work with the Content Mod Manager to accuracy check moderator labels, review unsure labels escalated by moderators and surface potential new user trends
- Assist Content Mod Manager with answering ad hoc questions from moderators
- Work with our Safety team to provide emergency user support
- Investigate and respond to user appeals
- Assist on special project data labelling for our Data Science team
What We’re Looking For:
- Empathetic and detail-oriented communicator
- Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities in time-sensitive situations
- Quick learner and thorough teacher with a willingness to ask questions
- Able to adapt to changing systems and policies
- Able to work independently and also thrive in a collaborative team environment
- Experience in Content Moderation is a plus!
- This is an hourly position, but you will work business hours M-F.
- Two weekend shifts will be required per month (on these weeks your weekday schedule will be adjusted to account for the weekend hours. Shift trades will be available).
- This is a remote position with the opportunity to occasionally work from the office and attend all-hands meetings in person
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.