Locations: Ireland, UK, or Switzerland
Tinder brings people together. With millions of people using our service every day, we are seeking an ambitious Business Director to grow Tinder’s subscriber base in Europe.
Taking an innovative approach to cultural trends (especially youth culture), with a passion for driving monetization, conversion and retention will be central to the success of this role. Previous experience in markets like the UK and Nordics is a strong plus.
This exciting role requires an extraordinarily driven, highly adaptable and (ahem) fun individual, with outstanding communication and organisational skills, able to perform under pressure and to provide exemplary leadership to their team.
If you have a deep understanding of what it means to be the custodian of a brand, are a natural leader, and are dedicated to delivering unparalleled experiences to Tinder members, we want to hear from you!
This role is based in London or Switzerland.
In this role you will:
- Report directly to the General Manager, EMEA
- Define and execute business strategies for multiple markets at different stages of development, with a focus on driving long-term growth and brand equity
- Manage, nurture and expand a team of talented go-to-market professionals
- Collaborate closely with Finance, Business Development, Product and Comms
- Set goals, drive and report on business performance
- Support the management of budgets and contracts
- Strengthen and form new relationships with regional partners, brands, startups, agencies, influencers and more
- Drive major decisions within a fast evolving business
- Translate data into insights and draw business conclusions
- Build strong ties with cross functional leadership in EMEA and the US
We are looking for:
- A high degree of executive credibility, with a strong and established network within the technology, e-commerce, entertainment and media industries
- A successful record of growing and managing digital services, ideally with a membership model
- Previous experience with entertainment or live experiences at scale a strong plus
- Senior leadership experience managing, developing and inspiring a team of talented professionals
- Comfort building and executing tailor-made strategies that span business growth, creative marketing, media and product development
- A quick learner with an analytical mind, able to exert strategic vision while building consensus through a consultative working style
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, with a track record of leading change and (virtual) team building experiences
- A record of working on complex, global and time-critical projects
- An international approach, showing great understanding of and passion for local nuances, and ability to translate these into delightful member experiences
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture
- Strong knowledge and understanding of digital products and services, experience of youth culture a strong plus
- Experience in B2C business models (ideally with a subscription revenue model)
- Strong operational experienceHighly analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing teams and leading cross-functional projects
- Be a natural born leader with a passion for people, be able to yield the team to get the very best out of them
- Hire, motivate, empower and retain the best talent available
- Self-motivated, proactive, hands on and able to work autonomously if required
- Experience working in international / multi-cultural environments
- Proficiency in English, other European languages a plus
- Be our members’ advocate
- Be hands on!
What's in it for you?
- The hustle of a startup with the impact of a global business
- A fun, creative and deeply passionate leadership team on a mission to entrench Tinder’s brand in European culture
- Holiday celebrations, (Zoom) happy hours and more
- When it’s possible again (!) exciting travel around Europe
- Competitive pay & benefits