As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be implementing critical ETL pipelines and advancing best practices for the data engineering team, and the rest of the organization. You will work on delivering an actual big data architecture while concentrating on real-world problems such as privacy concerns.
This role is key to the success of Match Group. Not only will you help power the love lives of millions of people, but you will play a critical part in the functioning of every brand at Match Group (Match, Tinder, Hinge, Okcupid, PlentyofFish, BLK, and others), with stakeholders ranging from customer experience to marketing to leadership.
We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote office for a qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas (when safe to do so).
How you’ll make an impact:
- Work with our Engineering teams to ensure data is flowing accurately through data creation to our presentation layers
- Become an advocate for the Data Engineering team by developing and championing Data Engineering practices with the team and with the company at large
- Improve our Data Engineering stack through containerization, data modeling, developing our ETL pipelines, and building scalable/reliable solutions
- Work with stakeholders and translate their needs and expectations into action items and deliverables
- Lead infrastructure initiatives, from design to implementation to delivery
- Support existing on-prem infrastructure and help expand our processes into the cloud (AWS)
We could be a match if you bring:
- Expertise in SQL, Data Modeling, and Python
- Used Redshift, Airflow, Spectrum and relational database like SQL Server
- Capability to drive initiatives and articulate their value to Engineering and other stakeholders
- Experience delivering data products from conception to delivery
- Good communication skills (written/verbal)
- Passionate about designing elegant ETL pipelines
- 5+ years of professional/industry experience
Our team culture:
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy
What's the team like?
- Our BI team is a service organization that delivers reporting solutions to the entire Match Group enterprise
- The BI team is responsible for architecting and engineering new data systems and reporting to help facilitate business decision-making