OkCupid is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer for our Web team!
What’s it like to be a Web Engineer at OkCupid
The OkCupid Web Team is a nimble team of 8, building features that help connect millions of users every day. Because our team size is so small, each of us has full ownership of features from ideation to deployment. We work closely with other engineering and product teams across the company to figure out the best ways to help people find meaningful relationships.As the eighth member of our team, you will help us build beautiful and performant user interfaces across desktop and mobile web, and will support and extend our API to power new features across all clients.
Some cool things the web team has done this year:
- Implemented the next generation of OkCupid’s API, a Node-based GraphQL system utilizing the Apollo platform
- Built out a system to localize strings for our apps
- Created a new system for internationalizing questions.
- Should “Are you willing to pay extra for guac?” be shown to everyone in the world? We don’t think so either
What you’ll be doing:
- Building interactive and intuitive UIs in React that connect millions of users-Designing and implementing our GraphQL API layer to support new web and native client features
- Continually improving our developer experience and tech stack-Participating in the conceptualization and execution of product features
- Contributing to the growth and success of other members of the team through code review, documentation, and mentoring
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Have 4+ years’ experience designing and building software
- Enjoy building UIs with ES6, React, and Scss
- Have a high bar for clean, readable and testable code
- Care deeply about the experience of our users
- Have experience doing one of:
- Building an API that services millions of users
- Developing mobile web applications that are performant and accessible
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary and full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k
- Workstation and tools of your choice
- Paid attendance to conferences
- Complimentary catered lunch and an endless supply of snacks & drinks (in-office)
- Monthly snack boxes (remote)
- Company funded happy hours/events
- Discounted fitness membership with ClassPass
- Generous maternity and/or paternity leave and contributions towards fertility preservation
- A team full of incredibly curious and friendly people
OkCupid is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are deeply committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all employees.