Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
Our Recommendations Product team builds multiple user facing features and supports the very backbone of the swiping experience for our members. The Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for architecting for the entire team, working with other feature teams to deliver new impactful products, and contributing to the business strategy! A successful candidate will have strong technical skills and a motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
By applying to this role you will potentially be considered for all Senior Software Engineering roles currently available in our Palo Alto and San Francisco offices. We currently work together remotely and we’ve adapted our recruiting processes to accommodate virtual interviews with prospective hires.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop and operate scalable and resilient distributed services that run on Kubernetes or ECS.
- Guide and maintain the architecture of recommendation team, which is currently supporting the core Tinder user’s swiping experience.
- Collaborate with various functional teams across Tinder to build and rollout exciting new features.
- Influence the team roadmap and product development.
- Recruit, encourage, and develop other team members.
We're looking for:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or an equivalent field with 5+ years of industry work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and coding.
- Strong knowledge on backend architecture, knows when and where to making tradeoffs.
- Experience in handling ambiguous business requirements with excellent prioritization, time management abilities, and a focus on execution.
- Passion to tackle exciting engineering problems and make continuous improvements.
- Good interpersonal skills and effective communication skills, open minded, with ability to tackle different opinions and achieve consensus.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with a backend language like Java, Node.js, Go, etc.
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience with cloud computing systems such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience in design and development using NoSQL, such as DynamoDB or Cassandra.
- Experience with Redis, ElasticSearch, Kafka, and Spark.
- Experience with Agile development methodology and CI/CD.
- Experience with Microservices / Kubenetes.
- Experience with JVM performance tuning, good understanding of its low level details.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.