Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
About the Role
Our Product team is seeking an experienced product manager with deep knowledge of recommendation systems. In this role, you will lead efforts in optimizing Tinder’s recommendations algorithm using machine learning and user behavior modeling. You will have an opportunity to work with top talent on one of the world’s most exciting data sets at a scale that only Tinder has!
The Marketplace team is fundamental to the success of Tinder - driving initiatives that impact member engagement and revenue. Reporting to the Director of Marketplace, this role comes with the opportunity of building new recommendations features that will reach millions of members globally.
This role is also open to San Francisco, CA, and will provide relocation.
What You'll Do:
- Drive innovation, definition, roadmap, and design of A/B tests and recommendations experiments to accelerate the growth of our active members and paid members.
- Prioritize projects based on business impact and available resources.
- Make strategic and data-based decisions about trade-offs, balance scope with quality, and clearly communicate to a spectrum of audiences, from teammates to executives.
- Analyze member data and metrics to measure business impact of a feature, and find opportunities to evolve.
- Create alignment with cross-functional partners: engineers, data scientists, designers.
- Learn the dynamics of the Tinder ecosystem, understand the psychology of our users, and identify their product needs.
- Self-starter: You have a bias towards action and are able to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly evolving work environment
- Analytical: You let data win arguments, and you’re comfortable pulling your own data in SQL or modeling in Excel.
- Problem solver: You can independently translate high-level goals into meaningful plans
- Technical: You have an excellent understanding of how recommendation systems work under the hood.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of product management in a fast-growing consumer tech company
- University degree, ideally with technical or business background or a mix of education and experience
- Experience working with products that heavily rely on recommendations at its core.
- Strong product intuition with a desire to discover and fulfill the needs of users
- Experience defining metrics and making product and strategic decisions based on A/B testing and/or qualitative feedback.
- A deep understanding of the ML space, both from an academic perspective as well as real-world implementations.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.