We are on the look out for a Senior Product Manager to lead and own the matching and recommendations experience on Plenty of Fish.
As a Senior Product Manager you will report to our Director of Product Management and be responsible for defining the product strategy of the Plenty of Fish experience. Working with your fully cross functional team of engineers, product designers, and analysts you will have the ability to directly impact people's lives each and every day, and we think that's pretty cool!
What will you do?
- Regularly meet with our existing and future members to understand their key challenges and problems with finding the right people to connect and date;
- Understanding the nuts and bolts of our recommendation algorithms and how they can be improved to deliver better recommendations for our members
- Leading your team to discover member problems with a ‘Jobs to be Done’ approach and defining the ‘What’ and ‘Why’ for your product initiatives
- Conducting rapid iteration, starting with prototyping, all the way through to production, A/B experiments then full rollout
- Prioritizing the backlog and day to day work for your cross-functional team to deliver business and customer value on a regular cadence
- Monitoring key benchmarks, analytics, and experiment results every day to ensure the health of your product
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- 5+ years of experience developing and advancing consumer recommendation products at scale and a deep understanding of consumer behavior and motivations on social networks
- Experience building and leading a cross-functional, agile team with many contending priorities and outcomes, some might even call you the "calm in the storm"
- Self-starter and independent decision maker
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills, you are driven by data
- A natural communicator and active listener, who can inspire a team and share a vision to executives
- Experience launching a social network or marketplace platform product
- Experience with Design Thinking
- Startup experience
- Data science experience
Why Plenty of Fish?
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.