Tinder is looking for a Senior Product Designer to lead, inspire and innovate as we continue to develop the safest and most trusted dating platform. You’ll use your full range of product design skills to tackle problems and craft delightful experiences. You’ll partner with a cross-functional team to identify new opportunities, build and test concepts, and deliver end-to-end solutions that are valuable, usable, and enjoyed by Tinder’s diverse and global user base.
What You'll Do:
- Build experiences that address problems and opportunities within our Trust & Safety landscape, including but not limited to the female experience, IRL safety tools, spam detection, harassment, inclusion, and bias.
- Be an advocate for users of all genders, ages, orientations, identities, abilities, class, culture, ethnicities, location and race.
- Guide the team through challenges and negotiate thoughtful outcomes.
- Build strong partnerships within a cross functional pod, as well as partners in Marketing, Legal, Communications, and Brand Creative.
- Thoughtfully consider every detail of new and existing experiences, regularly seeking guidance from various inputs, including community partners, our diverse member perspectives, research papers, and other sources.
- Help / mentor those around them. Be dedicated to continuous learning and fostering a culture of transparency, respect, and flexibility.
- Maintain and champion design quality and cohesion across your own and adjacent product teams, and flag quality concerns to the responsible designers and design managers.
- Contribute to the culture by identifying and helping to organize opportunities to spread design thinking and enthusiasm throughout Tinder and the wider design community.
What You'll Need:
- 4-5+ years experience
- Fluent in all stages of the end-to-end product design process, including discovery, research, ideation, information architecture, prototyping, interaction design, microinteractions and design QA with engineering.
- Experience designing for Android, iOS, and web. Knowledge of Apple’s HIG patterns & Material design.
- Excellent and compassionate communicator. Able to adapt communication style across a diverse team.
- Demonstrates strong judgement and analytical skills.
- Impeccable visual design skills and strong understanding of foundational design basics (form, color theory and typography).
- Skilled in productive collaboration. Able to build trust & strong relationships at all levels, influences without formal authority.
- Proficiency in Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools.
- Bachelor's degree in Design, HCI or Computer Science, or equivalent experience preferred.
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.