Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of users, hundreds of millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 20 million matches per day and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
We are hiring a Senior Engineering Manager for Client Platforms that will manage a team of iOS, Android, and Web Engineers that are responsible for building world-class client developer experiences across our organization.
You will have the opportunity to provide the vision to the team, drive technical excellence and partner with key partners to prioritize and deliver on our roadmap. In addition, you will help continue to drive faster iteration and improve code and binary quality with insights, tools, frameworks, libraries and best practices.
This role can also be located in Los Angeles, CA or Palo Alto, CA.
What You'll Do:
- Lead 3 platform teams (iOS, Android and Web) of 15+ engineers
- Define and drive client platform vision, strategy and roadmap
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to execute and deliver planned goals
- Deliver excellent and consistent developer experience across all client platforms
- Measure and improve developer experience, efficiency and speed
- Measure and improve client performance and reliability
- Support all platform engineers through tools, frameworks and best practices
- Build world-class engineering teams through mentorship, development, and hiring
What You'll Need:
- 8+ years of professional experience building native client applications
- 4+ years of management experience
- Experience in driving large initiatives from start to finish
- Excellent written and verbal communication to drive plans and outcomes with cross-functional team leads on a regular basis
- Experience building client platforms or developer experiences for a large team
- Deep hands-on knowledge on mobile app development (iOS preferred)
- Familiarity with client architecture patterns and challenges
- Familiarity with client release process and typical pitfalls
- Ability to encourage and motivate the team to go above and beyond
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.