Hi! We're the Affinity Apps Team.
We make dating apps that embrace our users' sense of community. Every month, millions of singles come to our apps, like BLK, Chispa and Upward, to make great connections.
As a Senior Android Engineer, you'll focus on creating efficient, performant and scalable native applications. You'll bring the enthusiasm, desire and expertise to create the best products our users have seen!
***We’re based in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote office for a highly qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas (when safe to do so)***
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will work with a cross-functional team, using your extensive knowledge of building apps across a wide array of Android devices to make the Affinity Android apps the best they can be.
- You'll partner with Product and Design teams to craft exciting new features that will delight our users and help grow our communities around the globe.
- Along the way, you’ll learn about our business, our users, and what it takes to make an app that connects people and impacts their lives.
We could be a match if:
- Experience developing and shipping apps with the Android platform. Point us to your work in the Play store and show us what makes you proud!
- Extensive understanding of Android framework components and their lifecycles
- Experience writing highly performant Java and Kotlin code
- Experience with RxJava and strong understanding of reactive programming concepts
- Sharp Android UI Skills (Fragments, ConstraintLayout, etc.)
- Experience consuming data from APIs
- Familiarity with MVVM and other patterns like MVC/MVP/etc
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions
- A constant desire to improve, learn more and take our team to the next level
What’s the team like?
- We are a small but growing team, full of bright and collaborative people who are deeply passionate about making great software
- We work cross-functionally with our Product and Design partners to craft exciting new features that will delight our users
- We encourage continuous improvement and strive to always learn and grow as engineers and as a team
- We love to celebrate Taco Tuesday! Wait, why wasn’t this listed first?
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.