Plenty of Fish’s vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world, and we’re looking for a Product Design leader to take our Product Experience and Product Design craft to the next level!
As a Principal Product Designer, you will report to the CPO and drive the creative and strategic direction of our Product Experience. This position provides an incredible opportunity for impact to the experience of the millions of members using Plenty of Fish daily. This opportunity will require you to define the vision, principles, and design standards for all Product Designers at Plenty of Fish and coach and mentor your fellow Product Designers in their craft to deliver on this creative and strategic direction.
So, what will you do?
- Define and execute the creative vision for the Product Experience and ensure our members have both a functional and delightful experience every day;
- Own and advance the Product Design principles and craft within Plenty of Fish;
- Be an inspiring leader, mentor, and coach in the craft of Product Design, including Visual Design, Interactive Design, and User Research;
- Collaborate directly with your cross-functional team to advance the core experience of our product;
- Champion design thinking and user-centered design throughout your team and the broader organization.
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- 7 + years of deep working experience with a focus on consumer social product at scale
- Your portfolio will showcase a collection of products that demonstrate your experience in leading creative design strategy, exceptional visual and micro-interaction design, and elevating brand aesthetics with examples of innovative design work
- Experience and expertise designing for web and mobile
- Mastery of design and prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Adobe Creative Cloud)
- Strong analytic abilities with a proven track record conducting qualitative and quantitative research to inform their design decisions
- Exceptional ability to communicate a creative vision and get dedication from partners across the entire company to execute it
Why Plenty of Fish?
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.