We are seeking a high-level product thinker and talented executor to be the senior-most designer in one of Hinge’s two core product groups. You will be a key leadership voice in this mission-driven and cross-functional team.
In Hinge’s product organization, we work in a partnership model between design, product management, and research. Each brings their perspective into a collaboration toward our shared goals, strategy, and execution.
As designers at Hinge, we aspire to craft innovative experiences through intuitive interfaces. We measure success not by addiction, but by the fulfillment of the promise we make to our users: deletion.
- Design elegant solutions that fundamentally change behavior and solve problems
- Contribute to a dynamic design culture where we support, challenge, and elevate each other’s work and skill.
- Mentor more junior design peers
- Partner with design leadership to refine our vision, principles, and process
- Partner with product leadership to define your group’s strategy
- Partner with UX research to expand our insight and evaluate our concepts
- Partner with PMs to generate high-impact roadmap and viable features
- Partner with engineering to develop robust and efficient solutions, and to bring them seamlessly to life in the real app experience
- 5+ yrs Design experience with exceptional results
- Highly empathetic
- A desire to design solutions that fundamentally change behavior and solve problems, as opposed to features that are cool or flashy
- Strong UI and interaction skills
- Design eye that tends towards minimalism
- Proficient with prototyping
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.