The Internal Communications Coordinator will actively manage and execute a communications strategy that keeps teams informed of the latest news and happenings across Hinge. This role will work across business functions to operationalize and execute our company All Hands. You will also partner with our Operations and People teams to maintain and expand our company intranet.
- Coordinate content development, and design, and coach on presentation.
- Optimize and continuously improve content to promote alignment and transparency.
- Oversee program production, including AV, logistics, invitations, and recurring communications.
- Conduct post-event surveying to measure our program for effectiveness and engagement.
- Work closely with HR to maintain a communications calendar and coordinate key employee communications.
- Develop relationships with content owners across the company, and support them with writing, editing, updating, and presenting communications and content.
- Serve as editor-in-chief for our internal announcements channel, exercising an editorial eye on the content we publish.
- Identify areas of opportunity for teams to more consistently communicate about how they work.
- Ensure all communications live up to our values of authenticity, courage, and empathy.
- Manage our core system for referencing evergreen information, and ensure this information adequately supports employees throughout their time at Hinge.
- Institute a reliable governance process with key intranet stakeholders.
What We're Looking For
- 3+ years of professional experience in internal communications, or in a highly communicative, cross-functional project management role.
- A track record of leading and developing successful internal communications programs, finding ways to improve communications at every step.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a knack for developing engaging content and simplifying complex concepts.
- Strong project management skills, including attention to detail, balancing multiple tasks, speed to completion, and overseeing timely and high-quality work under pressure.
- Strong storytelling skills; an innate understanding of the audience’s perspective, and an ability to clearly represent that perspective to leaders and content owners. This person can craft empathetic communications that land with targeted audiences, and is an expert at energetic and engaging delivery.
- A solutions-oriented mindset, balanced with the ability to manage expectations and keep key stakeholders aligned and informed at every step.
- Experience working cross-functionally with technical and non-technical people, and skilled at bringing people from different functions together to do great work.
- High comfort-level with Google slides
- Bonus: Familiarity with Notion, Familiarity with LumApps, Presentation design skills (i.e. graphics, animation, etc.)
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.