Tinder brings people together. With tens of millions of members, more than 400 millions of downloads, 2 billion swipes per day, 60+ billion total matches and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
At Tinder, we are passionate about building software to bring our growing global user base one swipe closer to a new adventure! We empower all team members to contribute solutions - this is not a top down organization. We feel it is important to learn from one another and grow as a team.
As an iOS Engineering Manager at Tinder, you will have an outsized impact and ownership of the most critical foundational aspects of the Tinder iOS App. We are deeply invested in challenging norms, constantly improving architecture design, exploring emergent tech and ideas, and leveraging new technologies in interesting ways to deliver an app that is widely known the world over.
We currently work together remotely and we've adapted our recruiting processes to accommodate virtual interviews with prospective hires.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a team of 5-10 iOS engineers to build and shape the best experience for Tinder members to discover each other
- Define and own the platform objectives and key metrics for your team, and devise a development strategy and roadmap
- Evolve Tinder’s architecture and tooling to support better app performance and developer efficiency
- Create and maintain shared foundational frameworks and components
- Collaborate with many cross-functional/platform teams (product, design, backend, Android, web, analytics) to execute on that roadmap, and deliver it with high quality in a timely manner
- Mentor and coach the career development of your team
- Recruit and build a world-class iOS team
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years of professional experience building native iOS applications
- 2+ years of management experience
- Significant experience building applications in Swift
- Knowledge of Swift concepts (structs, optionals, generics etc.)
- Familiar with architecture patterns such as MVVM / VIPER etc. and their uses
- Knowledge of iOS memory management and protocol-oriented programming
- Experience leading a team to build and ship large-scale iOS apps
- Someone who is not afraid to make critical decisions and has a bias towards action
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to go above and beyond
Nice To Have:
- Experience building common foundational iOS frameworks and components
- Experience with building public APIs and mobile SDK’s
- Experience with native iOS frameworks like URL Session, Core Data and Core Animation
- Comfortable working with legacy code and improving it
- Experience communicating and implementing effective, solutions oriented improvements
- Experience collaborating with a small team while working interdependently within a cross-functional organization
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.