Tinder connects people. With tens of millions of users and a presence in every country on earth, our reach is expansive—and rapidly growing.
About The Role
We are growing at a massive rate, and we are looking for a seasoned Engineering Manager to help scale our Growth client team. If you're an intelligent and highly ambitious entrepreneur, we want to talk to you!
The position can also be based in San Francisco, and relocation will be provided.
What You'll Do:
- Lead teams of iOS and Android engineers to build consumer-facing features that reach millions of users globally
- Lead development of new tools and features to improve user retention, engagement and acquisition of new users
- Define and own the objectives and metrics for your team, and devise a development strategy and roadmap
- Lead and mentor team members to reach their full potential Recruit and build a world-class mobile engineering team
- Collaborate with many cross-functional teams (product, design, backend, analytics) to execute on that roadmap, and deliver it with high quality in a timely manner
- Recruit and build a world-class client team
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of iOS or Android engineering experience
- 2+ years of technical leadership experience
- Led a team to ship mobile apps at scale
- Passionate about mobile app development in a collaborative setting
- Wisdom to know when and how to make technical trade-offs
- Someone who is not afraid to make critical decisions and has a bias towards action
- Ability to inspire and motivate the team to go above and beyond
- Deep knowledge of mobile architecture patterns (e.g. MVVM, Clean)
As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
• Working on a product that has an immediate impact on people’s lives all around the world
• Collaborating with a team of creative, fun and driven colleagues
• Comprehensive health coverage, competitive salary, 401(k) employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP)
• Other perks and wellness benefits like a fitness membership subsidy, paid concierge medical membership, pet insurance offerings, and a commuter subsidy
• Access to mental health resources
• Fertility preservation benefits
• No Meeting Wednesdays, an annual Learning + Development stipend, and access to a wide range of product and service discounts through Perkspot
• Charitable donations match up to $15,000 annually
• Monthly and weekly interactive virtual events including Book Club, trivia with prizes and yoga workouts
• The opportunity to join six active Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
At Tinder, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our product, and our community. We strive to make our workplace an inclusive and diverse environment, giving people from all walks of life the opportunity to have a voice. We champion and encourage those who bring different perspectives, ideas, and creativity to join our team dedicated to bringing people together across the globe. Tinder is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace where we welcome all people regardless of sex, gender identity, race, ethnicity, disability, or other lived experience.