How do you feel about leading a team of outstanding engineers at one of the world's largest online dating platforms? With more than 10 million monthly active users and 40 million messages sent between users every single day, this is your chance to positively impact the lives of millions of people!
We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to champion this new position within Plenty Of Fish. In this role you will have ownership of delivering new product features, crafting backend systems, triaging issues, evaluating new technologies, and planning the strategic direction of the platform and payments engineering team.
So, what will you do?
- Lead two cross functional teams of 3-5 full stack engineers
- Establish and manage project plans, timelines, schedules, team structure, resourcing, and communication both within and between teams
- Ensure high quality and timely releases of features/products to market
- Increase end to end efficiency of the POF software development process and focusing team on delivery & quality
- Contribute to hands-on development efforts
- Support the creation and ongoing communication of a technical vision
- Document system architecture and standard methodology processes
- Develop management systems for team’s domain
- Research and advocate for the adoption of industry standard tools and technologies
- Encourage a sense of community among the team and within the larger Vancouver tech market
- Lead all aspects of your team's development and growth; evaluating individual and team performance
You'll be a match for this role if you have..
- 2+ years experience leading people and projects
- 7+ years programming experience
- Established experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong project management skills
- Outstanding communication skills
- Familiarity with payment systems
- Experience with .net core and microservices architecture
- Commercial experience with consumer product development (B2C)
Why Plenty of Fish?
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
We’re committed to creating an equal and inclusive environment; we welcome all crew (and prospective crew) members regardless of race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, conviction unrelated to employment, or any other prohibited ground of discrimination recognized by applicable law. Plenty of Fish is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.