Match Affinity is innovating on modern dating apps and how you use them. We are looking for a visionary designer director to help push boundaries and incorporate motion and emotion into all of our products. Our team is located in Dallas, TX. However, we are open to considering a remote office for a highly qualified candidate who can travel periodically to Dallas (when safe to do so).
Match Affinity creates some of the fastest growing apps in the dating space. We have a portfolio of brands including: BLK, Chispa, Upward, OurTime, and BlackPeopleMeet. At Match Affinity we are building new ways to meet people, make friends, and build relationships. We are focused on bringing communities together and creating fun new ways for people to connect.
How you’ll make an impact:
- You will oversee the design strategy in how we accelerate the growth of the business
- You will lead and encourage a team of product designers, provide innovative and creative design direction, and develop effective strategies to execute the vision
- You will work closely with design leadership to ensure a cohesive user experience across the product
- You will influence the business and product strategy while being a strong and articulate advocate for user-centered design
- You will build relationships with cross-functional team members from Engineering, Product, Marketing, Business Intelligence; and speak to product strategy, design goals, and execution
We could be a match if:
- You have a background in product design and a portfolio of beautiful interface / graphic designs
- You have experience designing with motion for games, interactions within apps, or other relevant examples
- You have a keen interest and experience designing for business goals with ability to articulate and teach an understanding of visual hierarchy, layout, and architecture
- You have 2+ years managing design teams and 5+ years professional experience with mobile design and proven foundation in UX design heuristics
- You have experience recruiting, hiring, and retaining multidisciplinary designers
- You think big and have experience working to solve complex design problems within revenue, growth, or international teams
What’s the team like?
- In this role, you’ll report to our VP – Product and work alongside design, product, and development professionals
- The team is incredibly collaborative and resourceful – we would even say “scrappy”
- The designers who succeed on this team are collaborative with a low-ego approach to working with others, forward thinkers, understand human psychology and user behavior, and have an uncanny ability to solve complex problems with a can-do attitude