The position may be based in Tokyo, Singapore, Paris or London, please apply to your prefered location
The Match Group Safety team is on a mission to create safer technology platforms and communities for all. As Director of International Safety Operations you’ll join Match Group’s growing Safety & Social Advocacy Team and will be responsible for ensuring effective implementation of the strategies, tactics, and priorities of the Match Group Trust & Safety Program across the international brand portfolio. You will serve as the voice of international teams to ensure we are incorporating cultural nuance and regional difference in our global approach. You’ll also be a partner and advisor to brands’ trust and safety operational teams to create operational efficiencies and sharing of best practices.
What you'll do
- Provide safety leadership and operational support, creating enthusiasm and collaboration with cross-team and cross-brand partners through creative problem solving and prioritization in international regions.
- Work with cross-functional Match Group and brand partners internationally, including representatives from Trust & Safety Operations, Customer Care, Moderation, Legal, Product, Government Relations, Marketing, and other key stakeholders, to implement the vision and strategic priorities of the Match Group Social Advocacy & Safety Team.
- Work with brands in international regions to understand common issues on the ground and make relevant, shared solutions a part of their and your roadmap.
- Evaluate solutions to prevent and disrupt various safety concerns, analyzing data to help inform Brand Safety products, initiatives and policies, and lead special strategic projects related to safety in collaboration with US Safety Operations.
- Research new and innovative safety initiatives, technologies, and solutions, and design evaluation frameworks.
- Monitor and analyze key operating metrics of the Brands and Match Group Social Advocacy and Safety program in international regions.
- Prepare, review, and present analysis on safety performance of Brands in international regions; measure success and provide visibility and insight on safety performance to leadership and stakeholders.
- Advocate for safety on all Brand platforms and serve as the voice of international regions and Brands. Stay current on events and trends in international regions and identify opportunities to better mitigate risk and increase trust, particularly for communities that face marginalization.
- Deeply understand the Match Group business and the metrics that impact safety across Brands.
- Identify shared opportunities and forge partnerships with other international teams across Brands
- Communicate roadmaps, priorities, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
What You Will Need
- 8+ years of operational management in a high growth consumer tech company.
- Experience leading International Operational Teams for consumer mobile apps and social networking businesses.
- Experience defining metrics and making operational and strategic decisions based on A/B testing, quantitative, and qualitative feedback.
- A passion for mentorship, knowledge share and collaboration, winning over cross-team partners on product decisions with your humility and willingness to problem-solve with others.
- Bilingual in English and a second language relevant to the region your located in required with a preference of Japanese
- Experience in the Trust and Safety space is a plus