Match Group (MTCH) is seeking a motivated and talented attorney to join the Match Group Business Affairs and Legal team. This position will be based in either the New York City or Dallas, Texas offices and will provide day-to-day legal support to our Hinge, OkCupid, Match.com, Plenty of Fish and Match Affinity brands across the globe with a focus on North America.
Match Group, through its portfolio companies, is a leading provider of dating products available globally. Our portfolio of brands is designed to increase our users' likelihood of finding a meaningful connection.
How you'll make an impact:
- You will draft and negotiate various commercial agreements, including marketing, licensing, SAAS, technology, data processing, promotional, agency, content, development, production, social media, advertising insertion orders, consumer insights, communications, consulting, and other general vendor and operations agreements.
- You will provide legal support for marketing and communications campaigns, promotions and partnerships from concepting through execution, including advice on advertising law, regulatory compliance, rights clearances, claims substantiation, sweepstakes and contests, endorsement disclosures, creative assets, etc.
- You will advise and manage workflow process improvement, playbook development, client training, and template use to address the evolving needs of a growing organization.
- You will work closely and collaboratively with internal teams to identify and achieve desired business outcomes while minimizing legal risk as well as assist in administration of corporate policies and procedures, such as vendor security, privacy compliance and contract approval.
- You will work with internal counsel to establish, maintain and protect Match Group’s global trademark and general IP portfolio.
We could be a match if:
- You have a law degree from an accredited law school and admission (or in-house eligibility) to practice law in New York, Texas or California and 4 to 8 years’ experience, with top law firm and in-house legal department experience preferred.
- You have experience with intellectual property, information security, digital media, ad tech, marketing tech, media buying, privacy and consumer-facing and digital industries.
- You have knowledge about the consumer tech and marketing world, FTC guidelines and privacy rules and regulations, including GDPR and CCPA.
- You have excellent business communication and analytical skills, as well as an impeccable attention to detail and strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- You possess a strong desire to learn the business and new areas of law and to work cross-functionally as a practical-minded legal partner to business teams.
- You have a positive attitude, sense of humor and professional ease in working collaboratively with other members of the Legal Department and brand teams.
What's the team like?
- This position will be based in either the New York City or Dallas, Texas offices.
- The Corporate Counsels who succeed on this team are curious, strategic thinkers who thrive in new situations and can simultaneously manage multiple demands and shifting priorities within a fast-paced, and rapidly evolving environment.
Why Match Group?
Our mission is simple – to help people find love and happiness!
We love our employees too – here are some examples how:
Annual training budget for each employee
100% employer match on 401k contributions
Specific COVID-19 allowance for home office set-up
Matched giving to qualified organizations
100% paid Parental Leave
Happy Hours and Company events (they are all virtual now, but still a ton of fun!)
We value diversity at our company and will never discriminate based on someone’s race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.