What's the role?
The GIS Data Engineer supports on the design, execution and improvements of complex integration processes, mentoring junior team-members and in certain cases, possibly having a limited number of direct reports, but always having passion for data.
- Bachelor or master's degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent
- 2/3+ years of software development experience, Excellent applied skills in Python and/or Scala programming, in combination with backend architectures and fast API frameworks
- Cloud Experience (AWS/Azure)
- Strong and applied experience in REST based web service technologies, JSON and XML and good knowledge in extraction/scraping data using API, HTML, Selenium ,Python caller and HTTPCaller & good hands on knowledge of Scala.
- Strong and applied DBMS & SQL skills, with a strong preference on PostgreSQL / PostGIS
- Strong and applied AWS skills (EC2, S3, RDS,Athena), as well as experience with virtualization tools like Docker
- Strong experience CI/CD tools, with a preference on Jenkins
- Good knowledge of using issue tracking tools (e.g., JIRA), code collaboration tools (e.g., Git/GitLab) and team collaboration tools (e.g., Confluence/Wiki).
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix - familiar with shell scripting
- Able to translate business and architectural features into quality, consistent software design
- Strong quality mindset is considered a must: unit testing, performance testing, writing testable code
Who are you?
- Any Post Graduate or Graduate degree preferred in computer science, geodesy, geography or related field,
- 3+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of education and related work experience. Certification desired.
- Demonstrated experience with ArcGIS & FME, or similar spatial tools
- Strongly preferred familiarity with programming and scripting (SQL, Python), and ability to learn other tools and programming languages
- Mastery of GIS Data engineering tools and processes
- Ability to customize solutions outside of off-the-shelf tools, and solve very complex data problems
- Understanding and ability to write into formats such as Oracle, GeoJSON, LRP, FGDB
- Experience with the HERE databases and products
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Who are we?
HERE Technologies is a location data and technology platform company. We empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or a business optimize its assets to guiding drivers to their destination safely.
At HERE we take it upon ourselves to be the change we wish to see. We create solutions that fuel innovation, provide opportunity and foster inclusion to improve people’s lives. If you are inspired by an open world and driven to create positive change, join us. Learn more about us on our Watch Video