Our mission is to help small businesses start and grow. We are building financial products that empower business owners and enable them to focus on their products and on growing their businesses. At Hatch we care about creating solutions which provide accessible, transparent, and fair access to financial products. Our team is spread across the US and Canada, with a physical office in San Francisco and more opening around the country soon. Our company is growing and we’d love for you to grow with us!
We’re looking for someone with experience in fraud identification at a high-growth startup or finance company. They will be our first line of defense and will be identifying potential fraudulent applications and customers. This candidate will be focused on fraud mitigation and ways to increase efficiency and overall productivity of the team.
The Risk Team at Hatch is a scaling, tight-knit team that’s focused on managing our fraud and non-fraud losses. Our team also encompasses underwriting and portfolio monitoring and management.
What You Can Expect
In your first month of this role, you will spend time familiarizing yourself with our tools in order to process incoming fraud cases. You will be conducting due diligence on applications that have been flagged for review and will decide if they should be approved or declined within a specified timeframe. You may also escalate cases to different members of the Risk team if additional due diligence is required.
In the following months, you will work with the team to build internal policies & procedures and help execute fraud strategies. You can also expect to conduct proactive research to identify fraud trends and report significant findings to senior management.
Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of experience as a fraud analyst or fraud associate preferably from a Fintech company
- Experience in developing processes and procedures to identify different types of fraud during the application process
- Basic understanding of different fraud typologies and fraud types (first party fraud, synthetic fraud, third party fraud, identity theft, etc)
- Experience conducting ongoing monitoring and due diligence of customer accounts and fraud reviews
- Comfortable working with cross-functional internal teams to drive results and meet expectations
- Passion for helping small businesses and underbanked individuals
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive and proactive attitude
- Natural inquisitive nature and appreciation for doing research and investigative type of work
Hatch does not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.