Logistics at full potential
Are you by nature a leader and do you have a talent for motivating, coaching and guiding a team of employees? Do you feel good when it comes to a job with a varied and dynamic environment at one of the largest logistics service providers in Europe? And do you know how to make a difference? Then we are looking for you as a Shiftleader in Heerlen.
What will you do on a typical day
- Discuss important issues with your colleagues and make sure the handover goes smoothly
- Instruct the team leaders to start the kick-off.
- You monitor the available capacity of the entire department and, together with your team leaders and coordinators, track the productivity of each individual department
- You also guide the team leaders and coordinators in constantly creating a good team and ensure that any bottlenecks are removed
- You hold work meetings, you conduct absence interviews
- You assess your people, you deal with leave requests, time sheets and the quality delivered by your teams during your shift
- At the end of the shift, you ensure a correct handover and end your day with satisfaction
- Take into account the logistical planning and the established KPIs
- Identify bottlenecks, look for solutions and initiate improvement
- Reflect the reached results with your team leaders and go over things that went well and points that need improvement next time
What you need to succeed at GXO
- You have a college degree and preferably a completed logistics education
- You have at least 3 years of experience in managing teams in a warehouse
- You are easy to talk to, and speak fluently English (speaking Dutch is nice to have but not mandatory)
- You have an affinity with absenteeism
- You quickly master various processes, and you know how to improve them
- You are able to motivate a large group
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- You will be working in the warehouse of a large retail chain
- A dynamic organization, where space for own input and development are key
- The control over your own success and the necessary support in your development
- A job with a lot of responsibility, where no day is the same
- A pleasant working atmosphere with nice colleagues in logistics
Unlock the potential of your future!
Your work environment
Working at GXO Logistics means working in a dynamic and international organization. A fascinating environment with plenty of room for personal input and development. Employees at GXO Logistics are in charge of their own success. Whatever your position at GXO Logistics, you will face new challenges every day, which will enable you to develop optimally. We support you in your development, so that you can contribute to the entrepreneurship of our organisation.
GXO Logistics offers advanced supply chain solutions for the world's most successful companies in many industries; like e-commerce, food & retail and industrial multinationals. In the BeNe region (The Netherlands and Belgium) GXO BeNe operates from +30 different locations with its headquarters in Eindhoven (NL).
Want to know more about GXO Logistics?
Watch the video below or visit our website gxo.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P7NC8gl3bg
In short, this is the next place you want to work!
For more information, please contact Rhian Melaney, Corporate Recruiter, she can be reached by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via the button and leave your recent CV
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.GXO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion in our business is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are Disability Confident Committed as part of the Disability Confident Scheme (GIS) and actively welcome applications from people with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.