Logistics at full potential
GXO attaches great importance to 'Quality, Environment, Safety and Health' or QESH. To further strengthen the team and to properly support the expansions within GXO, we are looking for a full-time QESH Officer for our warehouses in Mechelen and Antwerp.
What you do on a typical day
As a professional of the QESH (Quality, Environment, Safety and Health) department, you make an important contribution to the safe and healthy working of employees and the safety of the products that our customers entrust to us. The purpose of the position is to manage and monitor the quality, occupational health and safety and environmental management systems for this dynamic GXO location with the specific customer requirements. In addition, we ask for a proactive contribution to the development, standardization, optimization and safeguarding of organization-wide business processes. To achieve this, you get a lot of trust, freedom and personal responsibility. Ownership and initiative are expected of you.
To be successful, you know how to convey your professional knowledge powerfully and you can emphasize the importance of safety, quality and safety in a convincing and natural way. You report to the QESH Business Partner (Belgium and Southeast region) and work closely with the Site Managers. The QESH team consists of 18 QESH Officers, 4 QESH Business Partners, a QESH Specialist Projects, a QESH Lead Auditor, QESH Specialist (environmental and sustainability affairs) and the QESH Manager (Belgium and Netherlands).
Your tasks include
- Implementing the quality, environmental, safety and working conditions policy
- Advising the operational management, other staff services and the customer regarding keeping internal procedures up to date with attention to changed laws and regulations, customer wishes and internal improvement processes
- Maintenance and improvement regarding the follow-up of the established quality management systems through auditing and spot checks
- Managing the OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH and SAFETY committee
- Guidance of external auditors of customers, certification bodies and the competent authority
- Carrying out periodic risk inventories with associated analyses
- Drafting opinions
- Searching for incident registrations and making periodic reports
What we offer you
- A salary that matches your knowledge and experience, bonus,a company car, smartphone and laptop
- The opportunity to develop yourself, both by 'learning on the job' and by following courses / training
- A strong team of QESH professionals who are always open to spar, help you were necessary and make the work more fun
What you need to succeed at GXO
- HBO thinking and working level, with a background in quality and safety management
- Prevention Advisor / Preventie-adviseur (level 2 or 3) is required
- Background within the logistics or food manufacturing industries is a huge advantage
- Proven experience as a QESH Officer or in Quality & Safety
- Knowledge of laws and regulations regarding all QESH related topics that apply in a logistics environment
- You are careful, decisive, customer-friendly, communicatively strong, independent, tenacious and stress-resistant
Unlock the potential of your future!
Your work environment
Working at GXO Logistics means working in a dynamic and international organization. A fascinating environment with plenty of room for personal input and development. Employees at GXO Logistics are in charge of their own success. Whatever your position at GXO Logistics, you will face new challenges every day, which will enable you to develop optimally. We support you in your development, so that you can contribute to the entrepreneurship of our organization.
GXO Logistics offers advanced supply chain solutions for the world's most successful companies in many industries; like e-commerce, food & retail and industrial multinationals. In the BeNe region (The Netherlands and Belgium) GXO BeNe operates from +30 different locations with its headquarters in Eindhoven (NL).
Want to know more about GXO Logistics?
Watch the video below or visit our website www.gxo.com
In short, this is the next place you want to work!
For more information you can contact Anusha Sambiah (Corporate Recruiter), she can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via the button and leave your recent CV
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review GXO's candidate privacy statement here.