The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, global markets and investment management services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high-net-worth individuals. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centers around the world.
The primary role of Internal Audit is to help protect the assets, reputation and sustainability of the organization. We ensure that Goldman Sachs maintains effective controls by assessing the reliability of financial reports, monitoring the firm's compliance with laws and regulations, and advising management on developing smart control solutions. Our group has unique insight on the financial industry and its products and operations. IA assists the firm's Board of Directors Audit Committee in fulfilling its oversight responsibilities and regularly interacts with the external independent auditors.
The Compliance and Legal team in Birmingham is responsible for global audits related to Compliance processes including Financial Crime controls (AML, Anti-Bribery, Sanctions).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
Compliance and Legal Audit Team Specific Skills and Experience:
- Internal audit, compliance or quality assurance testing experience
- Knowledge and expertise in auditing Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML), financial crime risks and corporate legal functions
- Understanding of compliance program components, risk and control processes
- Understanding of internal audit processes as related to a large financial institution
General Skills and Experience:
- Able to work under minimal supervision on individual tasks or on team projects
- Team-oriented with a strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Highly motivated with strong analytical skills, willing and able to learn new business and system processes quickly
- Accurate, accountable and able to multitask while managing both time and work load
- Written and verbal communication skills a must; strong interpersonal skills essential
- Experience as an internal auditor, consultant, and/or regulatory agency examiner within the financial services industry
- Graduate degree, preferably in a related subject; advanced degree is a plus
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CAMS, CIA) is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity