You will be working on a team to bring customer-centric personalization to life. In this role, you will be empowered to develop data solutions in support of customer facing applications as well as analytics for internal teams and business. This leading technical and architecture role will collaborate with product managers, architects, technology teams, analysts, marketing operations specialists, and monetization business partners to understand capabilities and that will be brought to life for Giant Eagle's 4M+ customers.
- Experience Required: 5+ years of relevant technical experience working with various data engineering methodologies such as data integration and data pipelines (ETL/ELT) to activate against data at scale. 3+ years of experience with search technologies such as Algolia, ElasticSearch, etc. 3+ years of experience of data modeling for analytic projects activities that include design, curation, and management of large datasets. 3+ years of experience a developing on big data technologies with Spark and Hive, preferably leveraging such as DataBricks, Juypter notebooks, or GCP, AWS, and Azure equivalent technology. 2+ years of experience data solution design for data engineering pipelines . Strong Experience building event driven systems using cloud technology: storage, Pub/Sub, cloud functions, API's, and DataProc. Expertise with databases such as MySQL, Postgres, DynamoDB, BigQuery, Snowflake, and Synapse designing schema and dimensional data modeling. Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS Lambda, Kinesis, Azure Functions, EventGrid, etc. Experience leveraging RESTful web services to collect and publish data. Experience in software engineering development and testing life cycles using Python and other programming languages.
- Education Desired: Bachelors Degree
- Architect, develop and implement end-to-end complex data projects and technical solutions through translating business requirements into technical solutions and data-flow architectures.
- Architect, build and automate data pipelines that clean, transform, and aggregate unorganized data into data sources ready for customer-facing applications to use efficiently and teams to use for analysis.
- Use expertise to apply various analytic methods to discover and interpret information about customer behavior from multiple data sources to implement analytics solutions.
- Use expertise in database design to implement and operate stable and scalable dataflows.
- Provide subject matter expertise for multiple projects concurrently through all phases of the development lifecycle.
- Develop, enhance, govern, and administer for data platform to: collect data, transform, enrich, unify, segment, and integrate data.
- Strong adherence to data ethics rules around PII data sets.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we're more than just food, fuel and convenience. We're one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It's why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo's, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We're always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.