Who You Are:
You are a Data Engineer who can easily own the data warehouse and data architecture supporting G5’s products. Building streaming and batch data pipelines for ingesting, transforming, and aggregating data associated with products, to be consumed by reporting/BI products or for use in AI/Machine Learning environments is right up your alley. You are excited about the opportunity to design data pipelines and data transformations that will enable G5 to leverage operational data to build innovative products for Marketers in Real Estate.
You are skilled and ready to take on the responsibilities for the operation of G5’s core data platform, including the data pipeline, ETLs and datawarehouse, to ensure the systems are resilient and highly available. Ideally, you have experience building robust, fault-tolerant data pipeline that cleans, transforms, and aggregates unorganized and messy data into databases or data sources.
If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
Your Next Challenge:
- Design, construct, install, test, and maintain highly scalable data management systems
- Integrate new data management technologies and software engineering tools into existing systems
- Create custom software components and analytics applications
- Own data collection, warehousing, transformation and governance
- Improves data foundational procedures, guidelines and standards
- Design and code ETL process
- Design data models
- Implementation and management of Big Data tools
- Mentoring software engineers on data engineering practices
- Company advocate for selected end user data visualization tools
- Work with other engineering teams to implement models and apis in data capture and transformation
What You’ll Need:
- Professional experience with big data analytics
- Experience supporting Data Science including machine learning/artificial intelligence
- Experience with integrating data using scripting and ETL
- Full lifecycle experience implementing data warehouse or big data analytics solutions
- Experience with designing data architectures and data warehouse modeling
- Strong SQL skills
- Extensive knowledge on databases and production practices. These include handling and logging errors, monitoring the system, and building human-fault-tolerant pipelines
- Knowledge of database administration, maintaining data cleaning, and ensuring a deterministic pipeline
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- Strong math and statistical knowledge
- Experience building solutions for Ad Tech/Mar Tech
- Experience with commercial or open source ESB/ETL and Data warehousing platforms. .
- AWS and/or Google Cloud Platform experience
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Birst, Tableau or Looker and the data architecture required to implement these tools at scale
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, and MapReduce
- Experience with data and machine learning services including AWS, and / or Google Cloud
- Experience with building real time streaming data systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark
- Extensive experience with larger PostgreSQL databases
- Excellent knowledge of Big Data and BI querying tools
- Experience with engineering best practices: TDD, CI and Lean
Who We Are:
At G5, we live, work and breathe our “Five to Thrive” values and are hard at work developing award-winning, smarter marketing technologies that Change the Game in real estate digital marketing. Our offices are jam packed with super smart people who go all-in to Make It Awesome and have FUN while doing it. Whether we are delighting our customers with our creative services, throwing epic parties or giving generously to our community, we Pay It Forward by investing in others.
Here at G5, we also Do The Right Thing for our people by providing a variety of health care plans to choose from with employer contributions, 401(k) with company match, paid time off and floating holidays, professional development with tuition reimbursement, dog-friendly offices, free beverages, Summer Fridays, sabbaticals, and much, much more!
G5 really does Own It, and we have the awards to back it up. We’ve been voted Fastest Growing Companies by Inc. Magazine, Large Business of the Year by Bend Chamber of Commerce, Best Place to Work by the Source Weekly, Healthiest Employers of Oregon by the Portland Business Journal, and Best Places to Work “Honorable Mention” by Outside Magazine.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.
#dataengineer #getg5 #softwareengineer #gigalert