This position is fully Remote
The Senior Developer within the Corporate Analytics division reports directly to the Vice President of Data Management & Reporting and is responsible for the design, development, testing and promotion of database objects to support the Corporate Analytics initiatives
The Senior SQL Developer will be responsible for creating new database objects, maintaining existing objects and producing comprehensive documentation of all developed objects and repositories
The Senior SQL Developer will be responsible for identifying, documenting and consuming new data sources within the Corporate Analytics data environment. This includes documenting application source system databases, data requirements, development of database objects and partnering with IT to promote objects and ETL processes to the production environment
The resource will also be responsible for providing oversight and technical guidance to the Data Management team as well as other areas within Corporate Analytics
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and modify complex Snow SQL queries, stored procedures, views, and triggers in addition to the development of other Snowflake database objects to support overall corporate objectives
- Develop data models to ensure that the data objects provided are completely and accurately represented
- Perform ad-hoc data queries in response to critical business needs
- Create and maintain documentation related to applications, data sources, and ETL movement within the Corporate Analytics data environment.
- Maintain and regularly update database coding standards, ETL processes and procedures. Provide guidance, training and mentoring to all the development team members on coding standards and best practices.
- Reviews and identifies opportunities to optimize SQL queries for optimal performance
- Enforce, follow, and improve Application Change Management procedures
- Design, develop, manage, and support all existing job processes to ensure service levels are met
- Implement automation of routine processes with appropriate monitoring controls
- Develop, implement and maintain change control / testing processes for migration of database Objects across environments.
- Migration of database objects from the Microsoft SQL Server to Snowflake
- Migration of ETL packages from SSIS to Snaplogic
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Development of use cases, test scripts and documentation to support database development
- Strong communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams and build collaborative relationships
- Experience operating in a complex and changing environment
- Experience with Cloud ETL tools such as Snaplogic ETL or equivalent
- Advanced analytical skills in the realm of modeling, data normalization, data mining, data manipulation and visualization
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in successively progressive positions in database development using Snowflake and Microsoft SQL Server (or equivalent).
- Demonstrated experience (3+ Years) in the development using Snowflake Cloud Datawarehouse and utilizing Snowflake utilities such as Snow Pipe and Streams.
- Data integration utilizing AWS S3 bucket
- Exposure to Time travel, Snow Tasks and data movement between Snowflake and other RDMS
- Demonstrated experience (3+ Years) in cloud ETL tools; preferably Snaplogic
- Strong experience in migration of relational databases to Snowflake
- Strong knowledge, understanding and experience related to database modeling, design, and complex report development
- Experience in implementation of control and reconciliation reports
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio)
- Experience with SAS/ Python software products and Snowpark a plus
- Strong understanding of various data formats including JSON & XML and experience with REST API consumption.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex data
- Solid time management skills with the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks at the same time
Founded in Mount Laurel, NJ in 1990, Freedom Mortgage has since grown into one of the largest and fastest-growing independent full-service residential lenders in the country. Licensed in all 50 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Freedom Mortgage is the #1 VA and #1 FHA (government-insured) lender in the U.S. in 2021, according to Inside Mortgage Finance Magazine.
Our mission is to foster homeownership for all consumers across America. Freedom Mortgage has approximately 13,500 employees nationwide, proudly servicing 1.4 million homeowners.
Freedom Mortgage is one of the mortgage industry's largest philanthropic supporters of the USO of Pennsylvania and Southern New Jersey. Through Team Freedom Cares, the company's employee engagement and philanthropic program, Freedom Mortgage also supports many other philanthropic initiatives, including combatting food insecurity.
Freedom Mortgage was recently named a Top Workplaces USA 2022 (and earned this honor in 2021). We have offices in suburban Philadelphia and Fishers, IN, two regions where we were named a Top Workplace multiple times! We also have large operating centers countrywide, including Beaverton, OR; Boca Raton, FL; Columbia, MD; Jacksonville, FL; Plano, TX; Tempe, AZ; Troy, MI and Woodbridge, VA
If you seek a vibrant work environment, a sense of community, top training, opportunity for advancement, a comprehensive benefits package, and reward and recognition program, look no further and apply to join Freedom Mortgage today.
Freedom Mortgage Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, or their status as a protected veteran or an individual with disabilities. Local applicants encouraged to apply. Employment contingent upon successful completion of background investigation. We offer a smoke-free workplace and a drug-free work environment. Our excellent benefits package includes medical, dental, vision and 401(k). All resumes are held in confidence. Only candidates whose profiles closely match requirements will be contacted during our search. LENDER NMLS ID:2767 For more information on Freedom Mortgage visit www.FreedomMortgage.com or check us out on social media: LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest and Spotify. (To review additional honors Freedom Mortgage has received, visit https://www.freedommortgage.com/about/awards.)
Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans