A claims assistant at EPIC Brokers is a service focused contributor who thrives on providing knowledge, and seeking information to successfully aid our clients as they are working with a claim. This role demands an effective communicator who has exceptional customer service skills. The candidate will be focused on learning the Property and Casualty Insurance policies/lines. As this individual transitions from military service to a civilian role, the candidate will gain strong knowledge of Business Insurance policies and will learn to shepherd our customers through the claims process. In this role, the candidate will complete the P&C license test for their state and gain hand on experience within the organization to transition into a full-time career with EPIC Brokers and the insurance brokerage industry.
- Provide administrative assistance & support to set up new claims and follow up on continuing cases.
- Create and maintain claims reports using Microsoft Office (Excel).
- Respond to external client requests within 24 hours of receipt.
- Pull claim reports and loss data from multiple carrier/TPA technology platforms.
- Request claims status reports and loss reports from carriers/TPAs.
- Preparing claim booklets for client meeting.
- Making copies, filing, maintaining client’s folders.
- Consistently establishes and maintains high levels of trust and confidence with clients, through constant contacts, prompt response and resolving client’s questions and claim issues.
- Act as a liaison between clients, claims adjusters, defense attorneys, medical providers, and related vendors.
- Update and maintain company contacts sheet.
- Assist clients with claims trending, loss stratification, and loss accrual reports.
- Responsible for timely and accurate claim reports.
- Perform unit statistical claim evaluations.
- Stay informed regards to workers’ compensation laws, legislative updates, carrier’ claims product/program developments, technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Develop experience modification projections for clients and internal staff.
- Manage all aspects of the claims management process.
- Respond timely to internal staff regarding claim questions and requests
- Prepare claims reports for renewal & new business marketing efforts.
- College Degree preferred or equivalent working experience.
- Current active military servicemember seeking a SkillBridge transition role.
- Willingness to study for and complete successfully the Property and Casualty licensing requirements for the role.
- Computer skills including proficient experience, knowledge, and abilities in using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of information observed.
- Required skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to form relationships at all levels.
- Close attention to detail and ability to problem solve utilizing analytical thinking to resolve challenges by making connections in data.
- Able to take responsibility for own performance and work through issues with composure and resiliency.
- Able to address conflict openly and objectively to reach a solution in a constructive manner.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced way while delivering high quality results while staying on top of time sensitive tasks.
- A client-first and flexible attitude, with a focus on solutions and service focus to drive customer loyalty while delivering on commitments.
- The national average salary for this role is $65,000-75,000 in base pay and exclusive of any bonuses or benefits. The base pay offered will be determined based on your experience, skills, training, certifications, and education, while also considering internal equity and market data.
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.