Web Marketing Specialist
EF Educational Tours
For more than 50 years EF has been working toward one global mission: Opening the World Through Education. Today, EF Educational Tours is seeking a passionate, energetic, entrepreneurial Web Coordinator to join our in-house marketing, loyalty and creative team based in Toronto.
Who we are:
We’re an integrated team of 11 team members ranging from marketing managers, lead-generators, training advocates, loyalty champions, a writer, designer and producer to create anything that we dream of to support the business, all in-house.
EF is a large company with a small company feel. We foster a highly collaborative working environment that encourages ideas from every member of the team. Our team members enjoy ample opportunities for creative experimentation and professional growth. People who thrive here are comfortable working in a creative, flexible, fast-paced and innovative environment. We never stop pushing the boundaries of what we can do and where we want to go.
You are a flexible and collaborative team-player who is keen to bring their website & digital expertise to a dynamic team. You will work with the team to feature the right information on our digital properties to increase audience presence on our websites and blog, inform and engage our visitors while championing best web practices. You will work with our in-house creative design & copy team to deliver the right information to teachers, parents and students across Canada.
You will be responsible for keeping the English & French websites’ content current, creating and optimizing landing pages, improving content & web experience personalization, , personalizing the chatbot for our visitors, supporting marketing campaigns and featuring the right content experience. You will execute on the web and campaign roadmap while helping to define the future of our content personalization.
You will own growing traffic, engagement and conversions on our owned digital properties. You’ll constantly strive to improve our website content, conversion and performance. You’ll collect data, track trends and implement and test improvements and report on online performance and present insights, trends and best practices. Staying super current with digital and consumer trends to make recommendations that make EF more relevant to our audiences. You’re solutions oriented, always striving for improvement.
You’ll be part of an amazing team that challenges, supports, motivates, and inspires. You’ll wow us with your technological expertise, knowledge of best web practices, ability to translate data into insights, and strong attention to detail. And you’ll effortlessly charm your colleagues and coworkers with your happy disposition, and can-do attitude—routinely making the impossible, possible, and everyone around you better.
Nodding your head “yes” to all of this? Then read on…
- Manage, maintain, and optimize content and functionality across multiple web properties
- Drive conversion rate optimization using quantitative and qualitative tools, including A/B testing, personalization, user research etc.
- Partner with and support the team to build, promote, test, and optimize microsites, lead capture pages, and digital marketing performance
- Reporting and analytics, including website performance, delivering on market insight requests, and advising on trends and opportunities for improvement
- Own implementation of content personalization Customer Data Platform
- Ensure effectiveness of chatbot, including recommendations for improvement and reporting back on results
- Working across the team to identify content to publish and grow our web traffic and blog
- Working with our central engineering team to ensure innovation sprints are applied to the Canadian market
- Develop web and blog roadmap aimed at increasing lead opportunity traffic
- 2+ years of web experience
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS, WordPress, building, editing and optimizing landing pages through web building platforms (Ion, Sitecore, Wordpress)
- You have experience with Content Management Systems and Customer Data Platforms (Wordpress, Lytics)
- You have working experience with Google Analytics and Google Data Studio to set up reports, monitor performance, and report on recommendations.
- You have a solid understanding of analytics information and how to build a plan to optimize performance.
- You have experience working with SEM and SEO (Google Search Console and SEM Rush) web requirements.
- Experience building & optimizing playbooks for chatbots (Drift)
- You have a developed understanding of how to drive inbound traffic organically and have experience growing website visitors.
- You possess exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written, where you are able to articulate yourself clearly and work well with others to resolve complex issues.
- You are a self-starter with a growth mindset and a strong sense of urgency.
- You are a team player with a positive attitude. You are ambitious and prepare to “roll up your sleeves”. You seek to implement creative solutions that improve existing processes.
- You have the ability to work accurately under tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- You have strong attention to detail and quality service
Nice to haves:
- Knowledge on latest UX/UI trends
- Bilingual (English/French)
- Divi, Hotjar, SurveyMonkey
- A passion for travel, languages, cultural exchange, and experiential learning
Why you’ll love working here:
It’s not just a job – it’s a way of life. In your role, you can expect to:
- Make an impact. Come to work and help change the world every single day, bringing our mission of Opening the World Through Education to life.
- Expand your worldview with paid international business travel. The more you develop, the more passport stamps you’ll collect.
- Live well. Benefits include three weeks paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two), and a company matching RSP plan.
- Stay healthy. We’re proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan, $500 yearly fitness reimbursement, and various fitness classes and activities.
- Be engaged. We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive professional development and a yearly stipend for continued education.
- Have fun. Connect with colleagues at company parties or over beer at the beer fridge. Also can’t forget about the free coffee and snacks!*
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://www.ef.com.