Role: Traveller Support Specialist (Bilingual)
EF Division: EF Educational Tours Canada
Office Location: Toronto, ON
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Start Date: August 3rd, 2021
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home until September 8, 2021 at which point we look forward to returning in-person at our Canadian Headquarters located in Toronto, ON. However, while we work from home, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues - even from home.
When you work in traveller (customer) support at EF, you play a vital role in fulfilling our company mission: Opening the World Through Education. You change lives and help make the world a better place, every day. We give every traveller support specialist here a magic combination of guidance and autonomy to help them thrive and grow our business.
Whether this is your first step in your career, or you are making a career shift, the Traveller Support Specialist position is a fantastic opportunity to start/continue your customer support career and can lead to a long-lasting career path at EF. We’ve seen people grow their career into management and learning and development positions, as well as use their skills and passions to transition into sales, marketing, operations, finance, technology and other departments within EF!
We'll be counting on you to:
- Clearly and concisely command inbound phone and email communication
- Work with sales and operations teams to anticipate and resolve problems on behalf of customers
- Recognize great customer service and strive to provide it each day
- Manage and complete multiple high-priority responsibilities on a daily basis
- Be willing to enthusiastically take on new projects at any time
- Collaborate within regional teams to perform day-to-day account maintenance to ensure a beautiful customer experience
Who You Are
People from all different backgrounds have thrived in this role. What they have in common is that they are:
- Always going above and beyond – it is the only way to do things
- Are an exceptionally good communicator: clear, persuasive, motivating, and trustworthy
- Are motivated by a fast-paced and busy environment involving high phone call and email volume (you won’t be bored for a second in this role!)
- Have excellent time management, attention to detail, and multi-tasking skills
- Have a positive attitude and are a team player
- Don’t subscribe to the phrase, “That’s not my job.”
- Are a lifelong learner who believes in the power of experiential education
- Are fluent in English and French.
- Are authorized to work in Canada
As if changing teachers’ and students’ lives and making the world a better place isn’t enough, we also offer the opportunity to:
- Make an impact. Come to work and help change the world every single day, bringing our mission of Opening the World Through Education to life.
- Travel. Expand your worldview with paid international business travel. The more you develop, the more passport stamps you’ll collect.
- Live well. Benefits include a base salary, three weeks paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two), and a company matching RSP plan.
- Live your Truth. We believe our business, like our world, is better when we embrace diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. Build your network by joining one of EF’s employee resource groups, or an EF-Finity group such as LGBTQ+@EF, Black@EF and Lations@EF.
- Stay healthy. We’re proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan, $500 yearly fitness reimbursement, and various fitness classes and activities.
- Be engaged. We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive professional development and a yearly stipend for continued education.
- Have fun. Connect with colleagues at company parties or over beer at the beer fridge. Also can’t forget about the free coffee and snacks!*
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.