EF Educational Tours
EF Educational Tours is currently looking for an ambitious, driven and enthusiastic Staff Accountant with a flair for numbers and attention to detail to join our accounting and finance team at our Canadian tours head office in Toronto, ON.
A day in the life of a Staff Accountant for EF Educational Tours:
- Work with the team on the accounting of three Canadian legal entities
- Ensure the accuracy of the general ledger, all journal entries, revenue recognition, fixed assets and accruals
- Ensure proper recording of Intercompany transactions and cash flow management
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly financial statements, reconciliations, variance analysis and commentary for management review
- Complete budgets for a legal entity, and perform analysis of budget to actuals, including follow-up
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
- Communicate and work directly with accounting team, FP&A team and CFO
- Work closely and collaboratively with other functional areas and other EF businesses around the world.
The position provides excellent opportunities to build experience with a team of accomplished and motivated people in a truly international environment. From the start, you will work closely with your manager as a key contributor in monthly, quarterly and annual closing procedures.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Quick learner and a proven problem solver
- Energetic personality with great communication skills (written & verbal)
- Open-minded, solution-oriented and driven
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
- Accountable and committed to team goals
- Flexible and able to multitask / Proactive and flexible
- The ability to thrive in an international and fast-paced environment
- A flair for numbers and attention to detail
- Excellent technical and computer skills, particularly in Excel
- Able to analyze processes and come up with creative ways of improving them
Why you’ll love working here:
It’s not just a job – it’s a way of life. In your role, you can expect to:
- Make an impact.Come to work and help change the world every single day, bringing our mission of Opening the World Through Education to life.
- Expand your worldview with paid international business travel. The more you develop, the more passport stamps you’ll collect.
- Live well.Benefits include a competitive base salary, three weeks paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two), and a company matching RSP plan.
- Stay healthy.We’re proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan, $500 yearly fitness reimbursement, and various fitness classes and activities.
- Be engaged.We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive professional development and a yearly stipend for continued education.
- Have fun.Connect with colleagues at company parties or over beer at the beer fridge. Also can’t forget about the free coffee and snacks!
A little bit about EF Education First:
EF is the world’s largest international education company – providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EF’s mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
Check out www.eftours.ca to learn more about our amazing team, products, and customers.
*To be considered for this role, applicants must be authorized to work in Canada.