EF International Language Campuses
*In accordance with public health guidance, all our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be a hybrid-remote role at that time.
EF International Language Campuses is currently looking for an ambitious Staff Accountant with a flair for numbers and attention to detail to join our finance team at our North American Headquarters.
Who we are
We’re a team of 7 – Accountants, Senior Accountants, Accounting Managers and VP of Finance for the North American Language products of EF – that care about providing top service to the operations and sales teams we support! We love learning, teaching, partnering, always improving, and having fun while we’re doing it. We support various products including language schools around the U.S and Canada, and summer language homestay programs, and online learning.
We’re looking for a determined and collaborative accountant who has an eagerness to learn. You’ll work with the full accounting cycle for a well-rounded understanding of our processes as well as interact with colleagues across the country.
- Supporting our operations and sales teams, you will be responsible for ensuring accurate reporting of expenses for various cost centers and products.
- Responsible for managing vendor relationship including timely processing of invoices and ensuring timely payments.
- On a monthly basis, reconcile bank accounts, prepare and enter journal entries and maintain reconciliations for various accounts such as fixed assets.
- On a quarterly basis, assist senior accountants with compliance in meeting reporting deadlines.
- Working with internal stakeholders to process employee expense reports.
- Work with management to regularly upgrade and improve operating procedures and internal control narratives.
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field
- Strong communication (written & verbal), attention to detail, and analytical skills
- Ability to consistently prioritize and meet deadlines while ensuring high levels of accuracy
- Accountable and committed to team goals
- Knowledge in Excel and basic Excel functions
- Go-getter attitude -- ability to seek out problems and find solutions
- Quick learner
- Enjoys collaborating and being on a team
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, identity, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.