SENIOR VIDEO EDITOR/SHOOTER
EF Go Ahead Tours
NOTE: Applications without online portfolios will not be considered.
For over 30 years, EF Go Ahead Tours has guided adult travelers across the globe via carefully crafted group travel itineraries. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping off their first flight. We believe the best way to learn about the world is to experience it, and every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible do just that.
As a key member of Go Ahead’s in-house creative team, you’ll help bring our company’s mission to life by shooting and editing videos highlighting the inspiring stories of our travelers and staff, the destinations we visit, and the incredible tour experiences we craft. Whether you are working from footage that was previously shot or grabbing a camera to capture new content, you’ll take it all on with passion, excitement, and creativity. This is an exciting opportunity to use your craft to elevate our brand, connect with more people, and drive real results. Get ready to make a big impact at an ever-innovating organization.
- Have an amazing online portfolio/reel of your work. (This one’s non-negotiable!)
- Bring at least 6 years of professional experience at an agency, post-house or in-house creative group.
- Have an undeniable passion for all things film and video.
- Are comfortable working with Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder, and have working knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Are equally comfortable working both collaboratively and independently, guiding a project from conception to completion on your own.
- Have strong editorial chops, and respond positively to feedback and criticism.
- Have the mind of a strategic thinker and creative problem-solver—you get excited flexing left & right brain alike!
- Work effectively in a team setting, communicating ideas with clarity and confidence.
- Your attention to detail is impeccable, both aesthetically and with logistical details. This includes file and server management, equipment organization, and schedule management.
- Your creativity has no limits, and you’re able to produce quality work on tight budgets with quick turnaround times.
- Know your way around DSLR and video cameras (Sony A7 series, Canon C-series, etc.), GoPros, and drones, as well as basic audio recording equipment.
- Comfortable with basic audio and lighting setups.
- You’re highly literate when it comes to the world of Macs, hard drives, and servers, and are willing to assist in asset management.
- Love to learn (and share) new things.
- Have an “I’ll figure it out” attitude and approach.
- Get excited about tackling projects you’ve never done before.
- Look at every project, no matter its budget or scope or “cool factor”, as an opportunity.
- Can’t stand drama. We believe that positive collaboration makes the best work and work environment.
- Are the in-house creative group for EF Go Ahead Tours. You can check out some of our work at efgoaheadtours.com, instagram.com/goaheadtours/ and youtube.com/goaheadtours
- Sit next to and partner directly with our marketing and technology partners (well now we just zoom), so that we can keep things nimble and eliminate the bureaucracy (we strive to make great work and get it out there for people to experience…instead of having like 47 meetings about the work before it can go live).
- Can make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house.
- Are flexible, scrappy, and dedicated to building the best travel brand out there. (We are really just getting started building this thing.)
- Have big ambitions and want to collaborate with people who are hungry, curious and relentless about results.
- Are a passionate crew that focuses on making great work and having fun doing it.
- Can’t stand drama…although we do like dramas, have you seen that show on Disnahuluflix+ that everyone is talking about? No? It’s pretty good, you should check it out.
- Are a touch weird...we like to think in a fun way but maybe it’s more like a “fun” way. (You be the judge.)
- Partnering with our Executive Creative Director, ACD team and other key stakeholders, this person will lead the charge on our video efforts across all channels. From quick social hits to longer form story-driven pieces, to destination highlight videos, to pre-departure support and post-travel engagement, there is a lot we are making that we need to build on.
- In addition, there is the opportunity for the person in this role to develop and pitch new concepts that tie directly to our marketing and business strategies, creating content that engages with current and, especially, future Go Ahead travelers.
- There is a balanced mix of diving into the thousands of hours of footage we have shot over the years and editing together new videos, as well as getting out on the road--wherever that is in the world—to capture new content.
- The person in this role will also have the occasional opportunity to partner with the other shooter/editors we have across the business on larger initiatives.
- Eventually this role will also manage a junior editor, so this person should be interested in and motivated by the opportunity to mentor new talent.
The Perks (the very abbreviated list)
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers, all expenses paid (at least 1 international trip a year)
- Discounts on EF products, including our travel and language programs
- Free in-house language classes
- Charitable matching towards causes and organizations of your choice
- Up to $1500 per employee for professional development/continued education per year
- Apple Education Discounts
- A market-leading benefits package including top in class health coverages (medical/dental/vision)
- 25% company match on 401k contributions
- 3 weeks of paid vacation to start, 4 weeks after your first year
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.