EF Education First is the world leader in international education. Our mission is to break down barriers in language, culture, and geography and so far, we have helped over 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree. We have 500 schools and offices in over 50 countries and employ over 52,000 staff and teachers. In today’s increasingly complex and interdependent world our mission is more relevant than ever.
EF is investing big in new software innovation products for the next generation of Education experiences. We want to reinvent Learning and drive new and engaging ways for Students, Parents and Teachers to get the best out of our platform. We’re looking for like-minded individuals who love to grow and solve new and interesting problems.
About the role
The EF English Live engineering team is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Full-stack) to help enable growth on our customer-facing website.
The EF English Live website serves a huge volume of traffic in dozens of languages around the world and we are now focusing on growth. To provide a great experience for our visitors, we leverage serverless architectures running on edge networks, modern web frameworks, and headless CMS. We work closely with our in-house design and video production team, and we are constantly striving to inform our development with data-driven analysis and multi-variant testing.
You will be part of a team that is committed to quality and dedicated to putting our customers first. You will be involved in all aspects of product development and will work as part of a cross-functional software engineering team. You can expect to learn the latest industry best practices, use the latest technologies and work with extremely talented people.
We’re looking for someone to
- Help shape our future web stack
- Think like a growth-hacker; to be creative about problem-solving
- Understand the full-stack of a web system, from database to front-end and the infrastructure supporting it
- Take ownership of work-streams and provide technical leadership to the team
- Care about high quality, well-tested, maintainable code
- Communicate effectively and contribute to the daily life of the team
We’re looking for someone who has
- 5+ years experience as a full-stack engineer
- A solid foundation of software engineering principles, patterns and practices
- Knowledge of security best practices
- Some experience or desire to learn about: NextJS, Typescript, AWS, Cloudflare, Heroku, Terraform
What we offer
- The chance to work with a fantastic team of designers, engineers, academics and product people
- The chance to work on global-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- A beautiful, green, multi-national office based in Chelsea, London
- An opportunity to have a positive impact on people’s lives
- Weekly allocated R&D time to learn, develop and innovate
- Onsite gym with free fitness and wellness classes
- Regular social activities with a provided budget
- High-end equipment (MacBook Pro etc.)