EF EdTech is looking for a Senior Product Designer (UI) to join our growing design team in London. You will be working closely with a larger, agile, cross-functional product team of product designers, developers, academics, and product owners.
Your focus will be to design features and experiences that help us acquire more students and drive the growth of our school.
Our ideal candidate
- Starts with "Why?", not afraid of failure and is a life-long learner. Has a solid user-centered approach to problem-solving
- Relishes the opportunity to use qualitative and quantitative data to inform their design decisions
- Thinks about the entire product narrative, not just their piece of the puzzle
- Is humble, articulate, communicative, and open - happy sharing ideas and decisions across a cross-functional product and design teams
- Is driven, motivated, and inspired by close interaction with development, academic and product people
- Care abouts creating a visually consistent voice across a wide range of products and experience
- Has experience in eCommerce and gets excited by designing experiences that acquire and convert
- You have incredible experience as an individual contributor, with expertise working in a product design team and a great story to tell about the products and experiences you've worked on alongside a portfolio you're proud of. We've found this generally comes with 5+ years' experience as a designer
- You have a strong understanding of what makes an experience good or bad and expert knowledge of the end-to-end product design process
- You think through user problems to find realistic, practical, innovative solutions and partner with developers to ship them
- You understand the technical limitations and liberties behind your decisions and can confidently, and articulately, communicate your ideas to our developers
- You can simply and concisely communicate the value of visual and aesthetic changes to those working outside the design sphere
- You believe function begets form, but form instils function. You have a highly refined visual aesthetic as well as a deep understanding of composition, balance, symmetry, and white space
- You're a self-starter who actively seeks to make the experiences you design both visually appealing and easy to use for all its users
- You enjoy creating original graphic elements (e.g., images, sketches, and tables) to enhance the products brand and voice
- You take the lead when developing and maintaining a visual design system that works across multiple OS experiences and allow the product team to build quickly whilst offering a unique visual voice to users
What we offer
- The opportunity to have a positive, and genuine, impact on people's lives
- Work with an amazing team of designers, engineers, academics and product people
- We continue to invest in flexible ways to work supported by our beautiful, multi-national office based in London containing great facilities such as an onsite gym, with free fitness and wellness classes, and considered designed social spaces
- As a global company with premium offices worldwide, you will have a network of locales to exchange between as you grow with the company
- A competitive salary with 25 days holiday
- Private medical insurance, and a wide array of employee benefits and support in place
- Regular social activities
About EF Education First & EF EdTech
EF Education First, founded in 1965, is the world's largest private education company with a mission to open the world through education.
EF EdTech is our product development organization, consisting of a diverse collective of 200+ innovators - from academia, design, hardware, product, research, content, and engineering.
Together, we work at the forefront of technology to reimagine education and solve some of the most challenging problems that exist today. From playful smart speakers that immerse our students in English to innovative machine-learning algorithms that power our AI language coaches.
We are on a mission to personalize learning, build global connections and ignite a passion for language and culture.
Something really important
We are keen to ensure we design experiences that work well for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications by people from underrepresented demographics and minority groups to help us do this.
If the role sounds like a good fit, but you feel that you don't tick every box, we would still like to hear from you as we understand great designers and teams of people have different backgrounds and experiences. We appreciate that applying takes a lot of effort, and we really value the time you invest.