EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs. We are 46,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 580 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries.
Our company has an immediate opening for a Senior .NET Fullstack Software Engineer on the EF International Language Campuses Technology team. You will be in-charge of the development end to end in one of our Enterprise Core Systems that support Sales and Production, joining one of our SCRUM Teams based in our beautiful headquarters in Zürich.
Your role will consist of implementing the features requested for the new generation of systems that we are building to support our business. Under the guidance of our Solution Architects and Lead Software Engineers, you will develop first-class software solutions, both on the front-end side, adopting web technologies as well as on the back-end side, evolving our micro services ecosystem based on event driven architectures.
You will be working side by side with the business line and the other systems that integrates with yours. You will collaborate with multiple agile Scrum Teams located in our Zürich office and interact with other development teams around the world.
If you are excited about tackling and solving tough problems; if you want to be part of a fast-paced work environment and work inside the support structure of a global enterprise; if you want to be a front runner in changing how our EF conducts business through technology and design - then this position is for you.
Along with your extra-ordinary innovative talent, you shall be responsible to:
- Participate to the development end to end of our new generation of Enterprise Core Systems, collaborating with other teams and technical leaders in choosing and implementing the best-in-class solutions.
- Support our agile best practices, software engineering principles and CI/CD practices.
- Coordinate with the Architect Group and with the Tech Leads to understand the systems that you are going to develop.
- Integrate your system with other systems developed by teams located both in-house and remotely, coordinating development strategies and common activities that impact other teams.
MINDSETS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILL SETS
- You have good communication skills – not just spoken but also written.
- You are a team player – who is part of a successful cross-functional team having a composition of developers, QAs, BAs and admins.
- You are sensitive to cultural differences in globally spread teams and you love to work in multi-cultural environments.
- You have strong attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills.
YOUR SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS – THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline.
- Strong OOD competences and Software Engineering Methodologies & Practices.
- Very good design patterns knowledge and enterprise integration paradigms.
- 7+ years of overall working experience on both:
- .NET Core / .NET.
- Nice to have: WPF experience / Windows Desktop Development
- Full stack experience in development of complex projects, both on frontend and backend areas.
- Knowledge of software best practices like Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, SOLID principles, etc.
- Hands-on experience in Web services and REST API development
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.