As a Senior Financial Analyst based at our flagship London Chelsea office, you will work closely with a dynamic international team and get hands-on operational finance experience in a fast-growing division of our international group. Working with cashflow and revenue for 15+ different markets, you have an opportunity to improve your analytical skills as well as gain exposure to a large part of our B2C online business. As with many roles within one of our regional headquarters, there are opportunities to progress your career across a number of different groups, product lines and functions over time.
The initial responsibilities will involve tasks such as:
- Accounting for several different markets and entities
- Payment reconciliations in different currencies
- Cash flow analysis and cash management
- Reconciliation of global revenue for our international online B2C business
- Financial reporting and analyses
- Monthly and quarterly closing procedures
- Supporting the management team with various tasks and other projects (eg ongoing project in the selection of new payment gateways and systems)
- Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
We expect your responsibilities to broaden over time, and you will quickly take ownership of various projects to improve our processes whilst working closely with the finance team and the rest of the business.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- 2+ years of work experience in Accounting, Audit or related Finance experience
- Preferably Finance/Accounting/Business Administration degree, minimum Bachelors
- Exceptional analytical and logical thinking abilities
- An energetic personality with a positive attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfortable in working with large sets of data, Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Accountable and committed to team goals
- Flexible, calm under pressure and able to multitask
- Happy working in a fast-paced, international environment
- Aspirations to pursue an international career
- Excellent communication skills in English, additional language skills a plus
Why work at EF?
We are international. With a global network of offices and schools, EF is able to offer an international career in any part of the world.
We are entrepreneurial. EF has grown into the largest international education company by hiring people who are street smart and “can get things done”. Our entrepreneurial spirit is at the core of what makes working at EF a ton of fun.
We embrace change. Be prepared to join a flexible organization where no day is the same. We believe change is key to business success, personal development, and career progression.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.