EF Educational Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
EF Educational Tours is seeking a passionate, energetic, entrepreneurial Senior Designer to join our in-house marketing and creative team based in Boston.
Please note: Applications without online portfolios will not be considered.
Who we are
We’re not your typical in-house agency. We’re an integrated team of about 45 staff: writers, designers, video editors, producers, photographers, marketing managers, lead-generators, and more. We make anything the business needs and create whatever we can dream up, all in-house.
But our skills go way beyond our job descriptions. Among our crew are a novice improv performer, a pet portrait artist, a metal band bass player, and even a former wrangler of a fainting goat named Brian. We’re a passionate crew that focuses on making great work, and we have lots of fun doing it. Want to know more? Read up on our creative philosophy at ef.design.
We’re looking for a kickass designer who has:
- The heart and soul of a creative, who thrives on coming up with killer ideas and compelling designs.
- 5+ years of multi-channel design experience on everything from print to digital to merch and beyond.
- The brain of a strategic thinker and creative problem-solver.
- A truly collaborative nature and an eagerness to learn, plus an interest in mentoring and helping to inspire and develop other designers.
- The ability to challenge the norm but know how, where, and when to give.
- A finely-honed attention to detail on everything from proper file prep to press checks.
- Expertise in the Adobe Creative Suite and a working knowledge of Adobe XD, Sketch, and InVision. Familiarity with HTML/CSS is a plus, but not required.
- Strong presentation and relationship-building skills, plus the ability to juggle multiple projects for multiple teams with overlapping deadlines.
- The ability to think big picture and lead projects with little supervision, exploring multiple solutions that prioritize team goals over their own ideas.
- An amazing online portfolio of your work. (This one’s non-negotiable.)
Although the list above includes what we generally look for, it's possible we are missing other attributes and skills you have that could make you a great fit. We believe that great teams are made up of people who have different backgrounds and experiences. So if this role resonates with you, please apply!
EF Education First was founded over 55 years ago on the idea that the best way to learn is to go out into the world and experience it. So everything we create for EF Tours is designed to enable educators to broaden their students’ perspectives through travel.
That manifests in the widest range of projects you’ll ever find at one job. And since we have no external agencies, we get to do it all—from 200-page catalogs to billboards, web toolkits to videos, digital campaigns to backpacks (literally down to the copy on the tags).
Why you’ll want to work here
Working on the EF Tours Marketing & Creative team, you’ll be surrounded by incredibly talented, occasionally goofy, amazingly dedicated people who are as committed as you are to EF’s global mission: Opening the World Through Education. That’s a pretty rewarding way to spend your days.
Plus, we offer killer perks (and this is the abbreviated list):
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers, all expenses paid
- Discounts on EF products, including our travel and language programs
- Free in-house language classes
- Charitable matching towards causes and organizations of your choice
- Up to $1,500 per year for professional development/continued education
- A market-leading benefits package including top in class health coverage (medical/dental/vision)
- 25% company match on 401k contributions
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks thereafter
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.