EF English Live – Senior Data Analyst
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst to take our use of data to the next level. This role would suit a commercially-minded and ambitious data analyst with demonstrable analytics experience in consumer-facing businesses. You will be a self-starter, happy to be hands-on in dealing with complex data and able to extract valuable and actionable insights for the business. We are looking for someone who is ready to grow into a leadership role and play an increasingly important part in defining the overall data strategy for EF English Live.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Shaping the end-to-end data strategy for EF English Live.
- Working with senior management (CEO, CFO) to understand and deliver the most important KPIs for the business, including Customer Lifetime Value (CLV) and Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC).
- Joining data across marketing platforms (e.g. GA360, Google Ads, Facebook) and providing insight to be able to optimise our marketing funnel by channel, campaign, keyword, creative etc.
- Using customer data and modelling of customer behaviour to deliver insights that increase customer retention, for example by increasing renewals / recurring subscriptions and / or repeat purchase.
- Leading the development of visualisations to engage stakeholders in data trends and insights
- Exploring new and current use cases for machine learning and automation to optimise performance across the business.
- Taking a leadership role within our analytics team, coaching and developing our team members.
- Working closely with EF’s broader data teams, including data engineers and data scientists.
What we are looking for:
- An ambitious data analyst, with 5+ years’ experience in consumer-facing businesses and the desire to grow into a leadership role.
- Hands on approach to analytics on all steps from data exploration to visualization.
- Proficiency in SQL including query optimization, automation and ETL.
- Knowledge of R / Python or a similar programming language is a plus.
- Experience working with relational databases. Exposure to Snowflake is valued.
- Working knowledge of Power BI or a similar data visualization tool.
- Working knowledge of GA360 and other marketing platforms (e.g. Google Ads, Facebook Ads).
- Working knowledge of Salesforce datasets.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering tangible benefits and value to the business through analytics.
- A pragmatic and commercial outlook, understanding the need to deliver at pace whilst maintaining quality and consistency of data and processes.
- A self-starter, with a proactive, constructive, and committed attitude, comfortable working across different teams and functions.
- Goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Basic compensation of £70-90k per annum (dependent on experience).
- Vacation of 25 days per year plus public holidays.
- Participation in our group pension plan.
- Full private healthcare provision.
- Access to a range of EF benefits including cycle-to-work schemes, discounts on EF products, office gym etc.
About EF English Live
EF English Live is the world’s largest online English language learning business. We deliver English language learning across a number of digital channels, including self-study materials and live, teacher-led lessons, anytime, anywhere – at any ability level. We are on an exciting journey to launch new products and continue to revolutionise how languages are learned. We have a presence from LATAM to Japan and over 300 people working in various locations globally.
The team in London is a young, dynamic and international group of 50 people.
We are part of EF, the world’s largest private education business providing life-changing education for global citizens. For over 50 years, our mission has been to give confidence and freedom to people of all ages, nationalities and backgrounds. We over 500 offices in over 50 countries.